Author Topic: Private plate  (Read 1268 times)

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
Private plate
« on: 19 June 2019, 15:25 »
Hi, just waiting on delivery now for my leased Golf.
I'm thinking about getting a private number plate with my initials and they can be had for £166. I know private plates aren't as fashionable as they once were but having never had a new car before, I'm thinking a private  plate may make it a bit more special for relatively low cost.
Does anyone know how much the lease company would charge (if they would) and can I fit it myself after delivery or would I have to go to a VW dealer?
Just looking for an idea of overall cost and hassle really.

Thanks

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Private plate
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2019, 15:40 »
I don't know about putting one on a lease car, but how are they no longer fashionable, or rather, sought after? Have you tried to buy a nice low digit one recently? I'm just glad I bought all of ours a long time ago.

If you are set on getting one, I think they should be as short as possible. The current style AC19 ABC, may be personal to the persons whose initials they are, but to everyone else they just look like every other stock plate.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2019, 15:46 »
Check with the lease company. You don't have the V5 so can't do it yourself, lease co would have to sort it. Some happy, some not interested.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2019, 15:52 »
Hi, just waiting on delivery now for my leased Golf.
I'm thinking about getting a private number plate with my initials and they can be had for £166. I know private plates aren't as fashionable as they once were but having never had a new car before, I'm thinking a private  plate may make it a bit more special for relatively low cost.
Does anyone know how much the lease company would charge (if they would) and can I fit it myself after delivery or would I have to go to a VW dealer?
Just looking for an idea of overall cost and hassle really.

Thanks

Few have done it at my work and its been without issue, just a request, depends on lease company - Think mine charges £90 for any administration that falls outside of the lease deal - only way know is to call them as no stock answer.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2019, 16:46 »
Thanks, will check with the lease company initially then.