Author Topic: joe - Golf Rallye  (Read 16123 times)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: joe - Golf Rallye
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2011, 19:27 »
Well I had a bit of a result on the rear hub situation. After finding out there are discontinued at VW a friend did some digging and found a set in some storeroom somewhere so they are on the way! I'd actually given up after spending a week searching for a set and figured I'd do it all 4 stud and keep searching and change it over if/when I ever got a set.

I also am ditching the ABS. Partly because it had had some of it removed when I got the car, its ugly and doesn't fit in with the smooth bay and I'm just not that bothered!
To do it properly you need a LHD Corrado G60 bracket to mount the servo, so looked it all up on ETKA, got the part numbers ordered them from TPS before being told the actual bracket was obsolete. The seal and gasket turned up though....
Anyway, long story short I was going to have to search German ebay to find one but then someone else who's also ditching the ABS on their Rallye got hold of two by accident. So now I have one!

Bracket with the two new bits:

Actual bits.... yep fancy rubber ring and a bit of foam! Ahh well at least it'll be mint when it goes together...
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: joe - Golf Rallye
« Reply #11 on: 21 November 2011, 22:02 »
Not bad going, the hubs are here! Not too cheap, annoyingly, but pretty much essential so what can you do?!

Check out the old boxes! Shows how long they've been sat around!

Thats it!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe