Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789516 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #40 on: 13 October 2013, 06:49 »
Norbreck, do you know how the chirp feature work on keyless cars? It's probably an even more useful feature on them!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 13 October 2013, 07:27 »
Gnasher - I imagine it would do because the keyless still has normal remote fob
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 13 October 2013, 07:36 »
Is there a code to allow the rev counter and speedo instrument needles to sweep when the ignition is turned on?

I know this is enabled on the GTD/GTI from the factory but its not on the GT.

Thanks for your help.

The needle sweep or staging was a vcds option on any facelift Leon, so have faith it should be in there
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 13 October 2013, 08:08 »
Is there a code to allow the rev counter and speedo instrument needles to sweep when the ignition is turned on?

I know this is enabled on the GTD/GTI from the factory but its not on the GT.

Thanks for your help.

Yes it's there:-

From http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7.php translated into english via Google Chrome,

Enable Pointer Test / pointer deflection / Staging

In dash panel insert you have the possibility to activate the VW Golf 7 Test the pointer / pointer sweep / staging. With the ignition on so all pointers go back in AI briefly stop and return to the starting position.

The following coding is used:

Select STG 17 (switchboard)
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 13 October 2013, 08:09 »
Yes, I have seen "Staging" (needle sweep), as one of the instrument adaptation channels (at least on my instruments module), and obviously mine is already enabled, so would assume this could be done for GT models as well ?

^ **edit** thanks MH, beat me to it.

With regards to the alarm chirp for KESSY (keyless) enabled cars, then the alarm chirps either when you lock the car via touching the handle, or via locking remotely by using the fob. Basically, either way works.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2013, 08:11 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 13 October 2013, 08:45 »
Keep em coming norbreck.

I might need to find someone local to me who can enable some of these options.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 13 October 2013, 10:16 »
Yes, I have seen "Staging" (needle sweep), as one of the instrument adaptation channels (at least on my instruments module), and obviously mine is already enabled, so would assume this could be done for GT models as well ?

^ **edit** thanks MH, beat me to it.

With regards to the alarm chirp for KESSY (keyless) enabled cars, then the alarm chirps either when you lock the car via touching the handle, or via locking remotely by using the fob. Basically, either way works.

The alarm chirp would annoy the hell out of me every time I went to lock it. The fact you have to be so close to locking the car with keyless you can easily hear the locking mechanism in action. There's not been a single time where I have questioned whether I've locked the car or not

Offline Bruce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 13 October 2013, 10:45 »

The alarm chirp would annoy the hell out of me every time I went to lock it. The fact you have to be so close to locking the car with keyless you can easily hear the locking mechanism in action. There's not been a single time where I have questioned whether I've locked the car or not
[/quote]

I agree. A lot of cars in the US do this when you lock but we seemed to knock it on the head about 20 years ago here.
BW39 GTD Red, 19's, ACC, Dynaudio, Reverse Cam.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 13 October 2013, 11:29 »
I disagree. The reason they god rid of the chirping was because most cars chirped far to loudly. The VW one is a soft, quiet noise. I had it enabled on both my Mk6 and my Tiguan. Will definitely enable it on the Mk7. It is really useful when the boot looks closed but isn't as you get the noise of locking but not accompanied by the chirp.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 13 October 2013, 19:40 »
I disagree. The reason they god rid of the chirping was because most cars chirped far to loudly. The VW one is a soft, quiet noise. I had it enabled on both my Mk6 and my Tiguan. Will definitely enable it on the Mk7. It is really useful when the boot looks closed but isn't as you get the noise of locking but not accompanied by the chirp.

+1 on this, if someone doesn't shut their door properly usually kids then you still hear it Lock but no beep so it's very useful imo.

What I meant to ask is was there a way to enable the auto full beam off thingy or is this hardware as well?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG