Author Topic: Cars245 CSS Backbox  (Read 995 times)

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
Cars245 CSS Backbox
« on: 25 April 2021, 11:50 »
Has anyone on here purchased the CSS backbox from Cars245? If so how much was your shipping cost to the UK and how long did it take? Debating if it's easier to just order it from VW direct as they can offer it at £515 discounted.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Cars245 CSS Backbox
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2021, 12:01 »
I ordered mine from them if I remember correctly. Shipping was pretty quick but don't forget you'll have to pay import fees now.

That price from VW seems pretty reasonable. On a side note this is one of the best mods I've done to my car. I still get a hard on when giving it some beans, especially with the DSG fart.

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2021, 12:03 »
I ordered mine from them if I remember correctly. Shipping was pretty quick but don't forget you'll have to pay import fees now.

That price from VW seems pretty reasonable. On a side note this is one of the best mods I've done to my car. I still get a hard on when giving it some beans, especially with the DSG fart.

I did think it wasn't too bad tbh, I've only got a res delete so far but it's just not quite scratching that itch, I think pairing it with the CSS backbox will just really hit that sweet spot that I'm looking for. How does yours sound after having it for a while? Did you find that the tone changed somewhat after a few miles?
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2021, 23:16 »
https://youtu.be/xNtUztNjDh0

https://youtu.be/TcJYE1HRsio

I've heard the res delete and CSS muffler combo doesn't sound too good. I've not noticed any difference in sound and I've probably done close to 15k miles with it

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2021, 12:13 »
Just had mine fitted yesterday, sounds epic! Gives some nice burbles on overrun in 1st / 2nd and has a nice snap on the upshift! Very please with it, will try to get some videos at some point.
Sold - 2019 Up GTI