Author Topic: OBD11 or OBD11 Pro ?  (Read 4783 times)

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: OBD11 or OBD11 Pro ?
« Reply #30 on: 01 May 2021, 18:24 »
Most of the simpler 'apps' are 10 credits up to 100 credits for the more complex ones
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 04 May 2021, 15:40 »
Finally ordered one last night. All that time debating if I should wait 1-3 weeks for it to be delivered from aboard and there's a damn option on the OBDeleven website at checkout to get it delivered via Amazon in 5 days (so I can only assume it's dispatched from the UK) for only a few quid extra.

So why would I pay £20 more to get delivery direct from Amazon when I could order from their website but also get it delivered by Amazon for less?. They need to sort their pricing out

Pro upgrade is around £21 on their website with free delivery as it's sent via email. So will try without and upgraded if/when I need it

Thanks for all the awesome help on this thread guy!  :cool:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 04 May 2021, 17:11 »
That's good info Lordie :smiley:

Got my battery swapped at Halfords in the end, but might invest anyway just in case.
7.5 GTD

Offline ccsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 06 May 2021, 14:23 »
Finally ordered one last night. All that time debating if I should wait 1-3 weeks for it to be delivered from aboard and there's a damn option on the OBDeleven website at checkout to get it delivered via Amazon in 5 days (so I can only assume it's dispatched from the UK) for only a few quid extra.

So why would I pay £20 more to get delivery direct from Amazon when I could order from their website but also get it delivered by Amazon for less?. They need to sort their pricing out

Pro upgrade is around £21 on their website with free delivery as it's sent via email. So will try without and upgraded if/when I need it

Thanks for all the awesome help on this thread guy!  :cool:

Raging. I just ordered my OBDeleven android only dongle from Amazon for £45 I think because shipping would take an age from the actual website. Didn't know you could change that option!

I don't even know how much a pro licence is its all confusing.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 06 May 2021, 20:20 »
My OBD11 just arrived today funnily enough :grin: Will try it on the weekend

Yeah I know, their website isn't the best. It's a great postage option and they don't even advertise it!
I also have no idea why they feel they need to charge you between £20-£30 more for buying from Amazon, stupidly overpriced when compared to their website.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #35 on: 06 May 2021, 20:51 »
Amazon charges them money and the goods are in a UK warehouse presumably, so they will have bulk imported them from the EU (thank you again David, Nigel, Theresa and Boris, really can't thank these greatest of politicians Britain's come up with enough) and paid HMRC some money for the favour of allowing the goods into the country.

Likely the website in LT won't charge you tax, and the Latvian packaging employee will be paid considerably less compared to his Amazon UK counterpart.

Mostly it'll be Amazon's listing and payment processing fees that drives the price up.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 06 May 2021, 23:16 »
So one of the main reasons I bought it is to check the battery charge as my stop/start hasn't been working for quite a while

Can anyone tell me what a normal battery reading on the OBD11 should say please?

Offline ccsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 07 May 2021, 10:00 »
If I buy pro do I still need to pay for tokens to use the "apps"?

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 07 May 2021, 10:16 »
Yes you do, but you can get 'free' credits for logging on and watching videos. I think the limit is 5 per day. You get one credit for just opening the app (only granted once per day)
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 07 May 2021, 11:48 »
Just wondering is there any particular reason why you lads choose OBDeleven over the more traditional VCDS/Vag-Com??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.