Author Topic: This thread contains nothing useful about delivery delays  (Read 1487 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
I was at a VW press day yesterday (story and pics to follow) and thought I would try and have a conversation about the build week delays you guys have been experiencing, it went roughly like this:

jv - Hi, I wasn't sure on the format today, is it just a driving event or can I ask a few questions?

vw - We can try and help.

jv - Well, I run a VW-specific forum and there has been a lot of positivity around the mk7 launch. I would say there is a lot more buzz this time compared to the mk5 and mk6 release, I would assume sales have been going well?

vw - Yes, certainly.

jv - I am hearing a lot of complaints though about delivery delays and issues with build weeks really slipping, are you aware of that?

vw - It's been a popular model, all the versions are built at the same plant. There is a lot of demand.

jv - It's just that it seems to have not been handled very well, I know people are getting frustrated and in some cases cancelling their order.

vw - <no real comment, kind of shrugged this off>

jv - It seems a shame, there is clearly a lot of enthusiasm for the GTI/GTD but people are now cancelling and getting BMW 1 series at a good discount and short delivery time.

vw - There has been a lot of demand.

jv - Thanks.

So there you have it, Paxman has nothing on me.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Lewy

• I live here
Re: This thread contains nothing useful about delivery delays
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2013, 18:25 »
Mint!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2013, 18:50 »
I hope your final 'thanks' was said with a massive amount of sarcasm. Just about sums VW up.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2013, 18:51 »
Nice. :cool:

And also... not so nice.  If you know what I mean. :sad: