Author Topic: key fobs intermittant working and not working  (Read 688 times)

Offline lessers

• Not said much yet
key fobs intermittant working and not working
« on: 17 June 2023, 10:34 »
Hi all having a problem with my keyfobs, sometimes work mostly and sometimes dont which is a right pain. changed the batteries in both but still have the problem, luckily still on warranty so will be going in next week for a diagnostic. anybody else have or had this problem?
2019 Black golf Gti performance 245 manual box gloss black

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
Re: key fobs intermittant working and not working
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2023, 16:28 »
Could be radio interference, does it only happen in one place? i.e. you only have problems when at home but not at work?

The 433/434MHz band that keyfobs use is also used by all kinds of devices, a lot of home automation stuff uses it.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline lessers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2023, 11:43 »
Thanks for the reply, It has happened in 3 different places now so probably not that, It's booked in next week so I'll update once its been in. its intermittent so having to carry both fobs with me at the min.

Offline lessers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2023, 10:55 »
Ok had car back and after diagnostics, apparently both fobs were faulty, so they are ordering another 2 under warranty, no more details I'm afraid that was all they said.