Author Topic: Intermittent problem with cutting out.  (Read 643 times)

Offline Legacywr

• Not said much yet
Intermittent problem with cutting out.
« on: 15 March 2023, 17:03 »
Having a slight problem with my GTi Performance, it has an intermittent problem where it dies a bit. It’s under warranty so it’s not stressing me out :)

It’s happened 3 times since owning the car. It happens when I’ve be sat at a junction or similar, when I go to pull away the power drops right off, or even stalls. I know that 2 of the occasions it’s been shortly after filling up (VPower) the 3rd occasion I’m not sure.

It’s been into the local main dealer, but it didn’t occur whilst with them, but the last time it happened I was a few minutes away from them, I got to them while it was still doing it, and the service manager diagnosed it as fuel starvation.

It’s booked in for late next week, has anybody experienced similar? As it would be helpful if I could give them some pointers…

Just to add, once the phase has gone, it performs fine.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: Intermittent problem with cutting out.
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2023, 17:28 »
No experience of this with my Gti. You mention it ocurred after filling up, have you taken the fuel keep off to see if there is any pressure released?
Heard of similar on another car, where the fuel cap was a problem,,,hard to diagnose over the internet!
Good luck!

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
Re: Intermittent problem with cutting out.
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2023, 17:33 »
Defo not the electric handbrake/auto-hold failing to release properly?