Author Topic: 2013 GTi, Lumpy idle, stalling, Camshaft Sensor Fault. Should I panic ?  (Read 627 times)

Offline Real Ale Socialdub

• Just got here
Hi all,

New to this forum but have owned plenty of VW’s over the years, MK2 Gti, Polo G40, Corrado G60, Corrado VR6, MK7.5 R.

Currently the proud :undecided: owner of a newly acquired 2013 MK7 GTi, Manual, all standard, was a 1 owner car, has racked up some miles, 130k of them to be precise but got it for a good price although there is always a catch isn’t there.

Noticed that it’s a bit lumpy at idle from cold after a couple minutes driving and will cut out occasionally as it comes to a stop when the clutch has been depressed, this happens quite regularly and will go away when the engine gets warm. Was reading up that the MK7’s are a bit lumpy from cold but thought I’d try and diagnose it anyway using a Carista OBD plug in. It’s picked up some camshaft position sensor faults and now I’m starting to panic slowly that there could be something sinister lurking. Anyone had similar experiences with these early MK7’s ?

Offline joe6

• I live here
The symptoms you describe and fault code are cam sensor issues. The cam sensor helps with injector fuel timing and spark timing hence the poor running from cold. Can lead to overfuelling and eventually could affect the cat. Would get it sorted quite quickly.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.