Author Topic: Joined the club... and now phone blues  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Joined the club... and now phone blues
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2014, 21:44 »
The car rides fine on standard suspension but I'd mention it if I were you, just as the others have said.
The sales guy obviously isn't that clued up and VW don't help by one minute calling it ACC on the mk6 and then calling the cruise control ACC and renaming the chassis control thingy DCC. From that emailed reply he was a bit vague and was likely thinking about the adaptive side of the cruise control and the various modes and just getting mixed up. Put something in writing to them and see what they come back with...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2014, 18:41 »
The sales guy obviously isn't that clued up and VW don't help by one minute calling it ACC on the mk6 and then calling the cruise control ACC and renaming the chassis control thingy DCC. From that emailed reply he was a bit vague and was likely thinking about the adaptive side of the cruise control and the various modes and just getting mixed up. Put something in writing to them and see what they come back with...

I have emailed the company and this is the response I received:

Thank you for your e-mail and I am glad that you have enjoyed the car but disappointed about the mix up with the lack of DCC for which I can only apologise for on behalf of the dealership.

Having read the previous e-mails I can see what has happened and all your points are valid.

However the DCC is not something that we can retrofit after build and that leaves us with a bit of a dilemma.

Option 1 would be to reverse the deal and hand the vehicle back under VW 30 day exchange policy which we would obviously prefer you not to but it is only fair to mention this.
Option 2. Having spoken above myself we could offer a reimbursement of £300 as a gesture in light of events.

Unfortunately David is on holiday at present but like yourself we work openly and try to operate in a straightforward manner and I know that David would not have intentionally mislead you in the specification and again due to the delivery being off-site this didn’t come to light before or on delivery. It is a shame that the wording of Comfort,Sport and normal on the DCC is similar to the Normal, Sport, Eco settings on the Mode changing settings which are standard.

What do you guys think? Is this a good enough reimbursement or should I push for more? I don't particularly want to hand the car back as I really like it and I have never driven one with DCC so don't really know what I am missing.

Can DCC be retrofitted or is he talking bull?

Appreciate all input so feel free to contribute...  :wink:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 03 November 2014, 22:29 »

What do you guys think? Is this a good enough reimbursement or should I push for more? I don't particularly want to hand the car back as I really like it and
I have never driven one with DCC so don't really know what I am missing.

Can DCC be retrofitted or is he talking bull?

I personally think you have answered your own question. I'm a great believer of what you've never had you'll never miss.

How is the drive on your current car? Do you find it acceptable or do you wish it was softer?

Are there other aspects of the car you don't like? Annoying rattles that can't be fixed or scuffs on the interior etc?

If you are happy with your current car, you may very well end up with a car with other problems but has DCC. Or if your car has other things you're not keen on it may very well be worth the gamble, only you know whether its worth taking.

If you are happy with the drive, I wouldn't even go and test drive one with DCC.

As far as I know DCC can't be retrofitted or at least I've never read anyone on here or other VW forums being able to do it.

If it was me I'd go for the money or if its a dealer your likely to use in the future ask for something like a credit slip for £500 off your next car. That you can submit once the deal is done.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2014, 07:42 »
^"What he said"!

If you're happy with the comfort of the ride as it is then i'd take their £300 or ask for £500 worth of credit/services (as well as assurance you haven't been charged for DCC on what you paid). The alternative is potentially a long wait for another GTD, unless they have an unallocated car coming through that has it. Retrofitting DCC won't be impossible, but it'll likely cost a hell of a lot more than speccing it, perhaps even twice as much with dealership labour rates taken into account.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

mjh_056

« Reply #14 on: 04 November 2014, 10:14 »
Be hard to know if paid for this in overall price or not as its not a new spec off the shelf, but you have a good argument to state you purchased the car at the quote provided with DCC as the option.

Though its not really an argument now as they have not tried to wiggle out of it and offered all that can be offered in the circumstance though as DCC is about £700 as a specification think £400 - £500 is a more reasonable reimbursement.

I have DCC and really love it but a colleague has a MK7 vanilla GTI and the ride IMO is more than acceptable and so have to agree with everyone else here that if you happy with ride and everything else about the car is in good order, its a lot of hassle returning for a little more comfort and risk of getting one with some issues.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 04 November 2014, 11:46 »
It completely skipped my mind that this wasn't a new buy. In that case (rather than thinking they simply weren't charging you for an option not fitted by the factory in error and then offering you £300 compo) I'd be asking for £500 back. It'll cause them no end of bother to register the car yet again for another buyer if you were to walk away. I'm sure every option on there has enhanced the sticker price by 2/3 of it's RRP on a dealership used car only 5 months old.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 04 November 2014, 13:09 »
 :smiley: Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated. It is always nice to get other people's viewpoints.

I am going to email them today and put a counter-proposal on the table and see if I can get 3 years free servicing out of them or a minimum of £500 as suggested.

Appreciate your thoughts and I will let you know how I get on.  :smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2014, 13:34 »
Got a call from VW dealers today and they have accepted my counter-proposal and have arranged for 3 years free servicing at any VW dealer  :smiley:

Not the same as having DCC fitted but then I am completely happy with the car, it is problem free (fingers crossed) and drives live a dream and can live without what I have never had to start off with.

Nice result  :grin:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer