Author Topic: What you can expect if you buy a MK7 Golf R  (Read 4987 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: What you can expect if you buy a MK7 Golf R
« Reply #10 on: 30 October 2014, 09:28 »
Outrageous.  But expected, unfortunately.  One can only hope that the dealership we buy from doesn't have those kind of scum working there.  If I'd witnessed that, there would be a full on 'name and shame' on twitter with those pictures - that's the only way VW will take action.  I would have gone to town shaming these ar7eholes  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 30 October 2014, 12:15 »
I am 100% sympathetic to this issue. But as was the response from VW head office - this is entirely a matter for the dealership - they are franchise, a private company and not VW themselves so unless the dealership in question is named there is little point in this thread.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2014, 12:35 »
I am 100% sympathetic to this issue. But as was the response from VW head office - this is entirely a matter for the dealership - they are franchise, a private company and not VW themselves so unless the dealership in question is named there is little point in this thread.

I agree to a point - yes, it is a franchise but they are still operating under the banner of Volkswagen.  Therefore VW should be taking some responsibility.  By tweeting them direct and showing the pictures I'm pretty sure they'd take notice and do something about it - one thing VW hates, that's bad publicty online.  And I totally agree about naming the dealership - like I say, if I'd seen that I would be posting those pictures on every social media outlet - its disgusting practise, and I'd want the scumbags sacked as well.  Unnaceptable behaviour, and not because of the value of the car - its unacceptable to do that to anyone's new car regardless of price.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 30 October 2014, 18:12 »
Totally agree matchboy.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 30 October 2014, 19:51 »
i always check mileage and this does not surprise me, there again i would never by a demo manual given its probably had a hard life
« Last Edit: 30 October 2014, 20:50 by wigit »

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 30 October 2014, 20:41 »
I delivered to a Maserati garage and they ragged a quattroporte I had slowly and carefully taken of my transporter. They obviously don't give a s---
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 31 October 2014, 03:56 »
Absolutely disgraceful.
Putting my car into a dealer for a service or warranty work worries me no end.
Why when I look after my car 24/7 and for the period I own it, should they be allowed to undo all of this in a matter of minutes!!
Publicity is the only way to sort them out. Enough of it and people would stop using them. Especially those who maybe research the dealer before buying or putting work their way.

I've always been meaning to pick up one of these cheap trackers to use for when any of the families cars are going in for work. 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tracker-Vehicle-Theft-Protection-System-Black/dp/B003XDN58K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414727042&sr=8-2&keywords=tracker
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 31 October 2014, 07:35 »
I don't think researching the dealer will prevent this happening, just because it's never been reported before doesn't mean it won't happen to yours - new employees with no respect for customers cars, people that have done it historically but never been pulled for it etc.

I'd say that leaving the car with them for the least amount of time (if possible) is the best way forward - i'd expect the service manager to be less willing for a tech to take it for a spin during works time (unless a test drive is absolutely required) than they would be for the techs to take it out on their lunch break or overnight (if it's going to be with them for a few days and it's roadworthy the whole time they have it). Letting them know that you know your mileage when you pass it over and you don't expect to see any frivolous miles on it is probably all you can do to let them know that someone taking your car for a joy ride won't go unchallenged. At the end of the day though, they still might not give a toss, especially if they're doing work that they'd just about be able to justify a test drive post-fix for.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 31 October 2014, 09:54 »
I was meaning if they get caught and were given bad press then the dealer would be forced to act rather than just ignoring your concerns as they may very well feel their business slide
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 31 October 2014, 10:20 »
I was meaning if they get caught and were given bad press then the dealer would be forced to act rather than just ignoring your concerns as they may very well feel their business slide

+1
Audi RS5 2018