Author Topic: DAB Reception  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: DAB Reception
« Reply #30 on: 13 February 2020, 18:52 »
Thanks, and good luck with the invoice!

When you say “where the cable bridges between the body and the tailgate” where exactly do you mean? In the channel under the plastic cover at the back of the roof, or in the one in the top of the tailgate?
« Last Edit: 13 February 2020, 19:00 by Talk-torque »
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 14 February 2020, 11:44 »

When you say “where the cable bridges between the body and the tailgate” where exactly do you mean? In the channel under the plastic cover at the back of the roof, or in the one in the top of the tailgate?

Hi talk-torque

Sorry, don't know how to attach a picture, but basically the cable is hidden in the rubber  seals above the doors, the trim joint between headlining and C pillar covering, then the bare cable is on show and then hidden behind the trim panel above windscreen/spoiler.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 14 February 2020, 11:55 »
I find BBC stations ok, commercial stations a bit patchy

This.

I'm in W Sussex, too.
But my only DAB so no basis for comparison.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 14 February 2020, 13:32 »

Hi talk-torque

Sorry, don't know how to attach a picture, but basically the cable is hidden in the rubber  seals above the doors, the trim joint between headlining and C pillar covering, then the bare cable is on show and then hidden behind the trim panel above windscreen/spoiler.

Ah, I see. I routed mine through one of the corrugated rubber tubes, between the tailgate and the roof. I’ve ordered 5 ferrite cores, so I should be able to fix it by adding a few along the cable.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 14 February 2020, 15:02 »

I thought about running cable through the rubber tubes, but when I did it on my previous car, I struggled to get the seal back on. Good luck with the cores.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen