Author Topic: Pilot sport 4's  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Nighty25

• Not said much yet
Pilot sport 4's
« on: 27 June 2016, 18:59 »
After almost 18000 miles on the what can only be described as death tyres (Bridgestone potenzas). I have finally ditched them for pilot sport 4's. What a difference this has made to the car it's like a completely different car now. It used to slide everywhere when it was slightly wet now it just grips and sticks to the road even when it's pouring with rain. Got all 4 fully fitted for £405 as well which is a bargain in my book

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: Pilot sport 4's
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2016, 19:47 »
Which Bridgestone's did you have - was it the S001?

Only reason I ask is I have these on my 320d and having covered 120k miles with them (not the same tyres obvs) really can't complain. Plus my R has just come with these and I know they are disliked so wondering if they just don't perform as well on the Golf?
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Nighty25

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2016, 20:48 »
Yeah that's the ones the s001. They are really bad especially on a GTI being front wheel drive. My mate had them on his R and says they were good. That's until he fitted the same tyre as me and now realises how bad they actually were. No wet grip whatsoever

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2017, 21:43 »
*** bump ***

Anyone else tried the Pilot Sport 4. It looks like I may need a set when my new GTI arrives. :rolleyes:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2017, 21:58 »
*** bump ***

Anyone else tried the Pilot Sport 4. It looks like I may need a set when my new GTI arrives. :rolleyes:

Recently put a set on and they made a real difference coming from pirelli C7's  not sure on how long they will last as the rubber is very sticky but they tick all the boxes for grip and feel.
Golf Mk7 R Lapiz Blue Manual

Gone, Golf MK7 2.0TDI GT Tungsten Silver

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2017, 22:11 »
*** bump ***

Not had experience with Ps4 but my 16 Gti came with pirelli P zeros on the 19 inch santis and tbh they have been spot on wet dry hot and cold just a great all rounder in my book  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2017, 22:15 »
Had the PS4 on for a month now and just under 2k miles - great tyre and less noisy than the ContiSport Contact 2 that my GTD came with originally from the factory
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline tictap

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2017, 10:03 »
Just recently swapped my bridgestones out, I went for Uniroyal rainsport 3's and there's definately a massive difference especilly in noise the uniroyals are much much quieter.
MK7 GTI, Keyless, Pano Roof, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Leather Interior, Winter Pack, Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2017, 10:56 »
Not had PS4's but had PS3's on my GTD and they were easily the best tyres I had on it. The worst were the BS's it came with... most of the time I had Goodyears, which whilst weren't as good as the PS's, they were far better than the BS's.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline gogsie

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2017, 08:35 »
I had the PS4's on my Mk7 R and they transformed the car from the Bridgestones, I won't be buying them in a hurry ever!.