Author Topic: Dealer invitation to discuss options  (Read 5429 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Dealer invitation to discuss options
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2016, 12:39 »
If the pound takes a long term hit on the Euro then VW will suck it up rather than charge even more for an already expensive item. It was about 3 years ago that the pound wasn't far off parity with the Euro (€1.08/£1), and VWs didn't suddenly get cheaper when the pound recovered.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2016, 12:41 »
As per P3asa, if you're happy with your car and won't get itchy feet prematurely for having the same car twice, i'd snap their hands off for that deal. Always worth asking for   a little more though - they might even pay that deposit!

Get an extended test drive in the DSG as you're not coming from a DSG - it's not for everyone (I wouldn't have it as a free option). Can't think of anything worse than driving a car you wish you hadn't bought a month down the road.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2016, 13:01 by monkeyhanger »

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 24 June 2016, 13:16 »
Roadside is standard anyway so that's not exactly a freebie.

I believe is 12 months standard. They have offered 4 years.

The monthlies are the same and you're only putting £350 down as a deposit?

What did you put down on the golf you have just now?

New car, 3yr warranty, servicing all for £350?
I'd bite their hand off.

For my GTI i put down £3k.

As per P3asa, if you're happy with your car and won't get itchy feet prematurely for having the same car twice, i'd snap their hands off for that deal. Always worth asking for   a little more though - they might even pay that deposit!

Get an extended test drive in the DSG as you're not coming from a DSG - it's not for everyone (I wouldn't have it as a free option). Can't think of anything worse than driving a car you wish you hadn't bought a month down the road.

I am happy with the car however given the start/stop traffic conditions on my daily commute I find a DSG to be easier to drive plus my missus drives it sometimes and she always says "It's too powerful for me". She rather prefers her Fiat 500 which is understandable. I have driven DSGs before (most of our work pool cars are DSG thanks for working in a german company) so I am no stranger to it.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2016, 13:26 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 June 2016, 13:42 »
No one ever mentions the VW mobility guarantee in the UK anymore. I presume it still applies - as long as your VW is maintained within the VW dealership network they are obliged to provide breakdown cover for a warrantable issue e.g. everything bar accidents, running out of fuel, putting the wrong fuel in and punctures.

VW get the sh!ttiest breakdown deal amongst VAG vehicles - all marques get 3 years except Seat getting 2 and VW getting 1 year (except Phaeton and Tourareg which get 3 years).
« Last Edit: 24 June 2016, 13:45 by monkeyhanger »

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 24 June 2016, 14:03 »
Right so went today to see the dealer and as I suspected, they were trying to get me into a new car. We had a look at my car and made an evaluation and an early settlement figure from VWFS. Also had a long discussion about potentially a new GTI similar spec to what I have at the moment but DSG (mine is a manual) and a few extras. Most options I got on mine from 2 years ago (winter pack, keyless, Navi) are standard now. The only extra I have is the PP which is still an option. So the new GTI we were discussing today was DSG with PP, keyless, Navi, Winter pack, Reverse camera, Car Net and 90% tint which RRP comes at £31410.

The deal that they offered me was:

- Cash price for the new car with the spec above around £26k.
- My 2014 manual GTI PP with 23k miles on the clock evaluation was about £17.5k
- Settlement figure was £20k+ (negative equity) so they offered another £3.5k towards VWFS to sort out the current PCP
- £2000 deposit contribution from VW + £500 from the dealer + £350 from customer for new car
- They also offered the first 2 services and Road Assistance in the price + a full tank of fuel
- The monthly payments will be roughly similar to what I currently pay

Car is going to be a September delivery (66 plate) if I decide to place the order.

Does that seem like a good deal?

I would jump at that deal. wow! :)
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 24 June 2016, 15:08 »
If it was me in your situation that salesman would look a bit like Abu Hamza now.  :whistle:

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 24 June 2016, 16:16 »
If it was me in your situation that salesman would look a bit like Abu Hamza now.  :whistle:

To be fair it looks like a good deal...no way I would give the dealer a left hook  :grin:
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2016, 17:33 »
Lol, I don't believe she would look like that (forgot to mention the dealer is a she? :whistle: :rolleyes:)
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 24 June 2016, 18:15 »
Lol, I don't believe she would look like that (forgot to mention the dealer is a she? :whistle: :rolleyes:)

In that case I would kiss her on the hand and ask her on a date.

However if you are attached or she is a munter then see my other post.