Author Topic: Radio Station Logos - Quick Question  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Golf-Ball

• Not said much yet
Radio Station Logos - Quick Question
« on: 07 February 2015, 19:36 »
Evening All,

Picking up my new Golf on Monday and I'm setting up my SD card with Radio Station Logos. Does anyone know if they need to be in the root directory of the card or can they be in folders?

My reason for asking is that I've downloaded the official VW ones plus some others created by users. Ideally, I'd like them in two folders on the card while I work out which ones are best.

Thanks,
GB.

Offline phope

• I live here
Re: Radio Station Logos - Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2015, 19:59 »
I put mine in a subfolder on my music SD card, and I see no reason why you couldn't have a second subfolder with the user created ones
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2015, 20:52 »
Putting them in different folders should be fine. Just make sure you call them different names.
Where did you get the official VW ones from??
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2015, 21:37 »
I got mine from here

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html and downloaded the GB (Großbritannien) zip file

Then deleted the stations that weren't relevant to me

One point: when I did it on my Mac, it screwed up the file names of the images with some odd prefix, but worked perfectly when I downloaded again on my other Windows machine
« Last Edit: 07 February 2015, 21:40 by phope »

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2015, 22:13 »
I think that is the one I downloaded. When I transferred them to the head unit the logos seem pretty small compared to the size they turned out on my sister in laws new Polo  :undecided:

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Golf-Ball

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2015, 22:28 »
Thanks all.

The link quoted in a post above is the one I used. I've found some others though on the GolfMk7 forum that are a bit more interesting for some of the main stations (bit more detail, clear background etc). I do want a fairly consistent look though so want to see how they look when compared to each other.

Let me know if you need a link to the alternate logos.

Thanks one again.
GB.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2015, 22:42 »
Thanks all.

The link quoted in a post above is the one I used. I've found some others though on the GolfMk7 forum that are a bit more interesting for some of the main stations (bit more detail, clear background etc). I do want a fairly consistent look though so want to see how they look when compared to each other.

Let me know if you need a link to the alternate logos.

Thanks one again.
GB.

Why not !! More links the merrier. Thanks

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2015, 22:47 »
I think the files provided by VW are 160x120 in size - wonder if larger sizes would work?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2015, 08:58 »
The radio station logos resize when they are put on the unit so you can't create massive ones. The correct and maximum sizes are in the handbook but it will always be small on the golf head unit.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Golf-Ball

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2015, 09:38 »
Link to alternate logos below (scroll down to where there are six archives to download).

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228

GB. 
« Last Edit: 08 February 2015, 17:21 by Golf-Ball »