Author Topic: DCC  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
DCC
« on: 09 June 2014, 18:51 »
Newby so apologies if this has been asked elsewhere! Trying to place an order and my dealer is insisting I should go with DCC particularly for resale values? Is this true? Had it on a BMW once it was nice but not as nice as £800 of evening meals with the Mrs. Any advice appreciated!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: DCC
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2014, 18:55 »
I've got it on my gtd and it's good to have the choice of comfort or normal or sport. The new chassis is very good without dcc but even better with. No options you get now will get you any money back come trade in but a private sale might see you get a little more.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2014, 19:16 »
I've got it on my gtd and it's good to have the choice of comfort or normal or sport. The new chassis is very good without dcc but even better with. No options you get now will get you any money back come trade in but a private sale might see you get a little more.

Yeah but is it going to get me £800 back I think not but without it will it make my car so undesirable no one will be interested?  Bit like an Exige without air on if you know what I mean  :wink:

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2014, 20:07 »
I don't think so Pigpen, I think easily 50% or more people don't have DCC. The salesmen seems to be taking an interesting approach with this one!!

If you have travel on bad roads it's very nice, I'm glad I have it. After driving in sport for awhile it's very smooth and relaxed motoring - and the sport is nice and tight for some fun b-roads.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2014, 07:53 »
As ffrank said your salesman is being a bit naughty. No options will get you your money back but nothing really will make it less desirable. Going to be plenty of vanilla spec gti/gtds on the market as they are well specced as standard.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2014, 08:11 »
Not too sure about what effect it will have on resale values to be honest, but purely from a driving experience I wouldn't be without mine. That said, if a 'non-DCC' car's standard set up was like the 'Comfort' mode in DCC, I wouldn't have picked it.

I'm in Comfort 90% of the time and I could happily do without the others. It's brilliant, very compliant but not slushy. However, Sport is firm but not brittle like it used to be in my Passat CC.

Overall I think it's a brilliant option and I'd have it if I were you!  :grin:

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

mjh_056

« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2014, 08:20 »
As ffrank said your salesman is being a bit naughty. No options will get you your money back but nothing really will make it less desirable. Going to be plenty of vanilla spec gti/gtds on the market as they are well specced as standard.

The GTI and GTD have good standard specification anyway which was one of the original reasons I readily moved from being a faithful Audi A3 driver so like has been said, the second hand market for MK7 GTI and GTD will be very solid as even the most naive of buyers will get a great car with regards specification.

With regards DCC and some of the other options then I am sure the more discerning buyer will seek out these as additional options but doubt they would be adding any real value it would be condition and mileage that sets the price.

Thing again it has been said on this forum that you specify options because you want them and not for the resale value.

With regards DCC and having been regularly in a colleagues vanilla GTI I would say there is an obvious improvement in the comfort of the ride, the DCC really does cossett the worst of roads and without any real compromise to the handling. Its a luxury ride. 

However, having been in the vanilla GTI, the ride is still decent and more than acceptable as you do feel the ruts to a degree but it does not crash or anything as it rides over them.

Like all options it depends how much you value what it is giving, if comfort is a huge tick, then you have to have DCC, if it is not then you would not really be suffering without either.

mjh_056

« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2014, 08:27 »
Not too sure about what effect it will have on resale values to be honest, but purely from a driving experience I wouldn't be without mine. That said, if a 'non-DCC' car's standard set up was like the 'Comfort' mode in DCC, I wouldn't have picked it.

I'm in Comfort 90% of the time and I could happily do without the others. It's brilliant, very compliant but not slushy. However, Sport is firm but not brittle like it used to be in my Passat CC.

Overall I think it's a brilliant option and I'd have it if I were you!  :grin:

Have mine set up as comfort in individual as find the ECO setting for ACC is too slow in response when on M25 when in a slow stretch of stop and start.

But it is in comfort about 90% of the time too as ride is just too damn nice for it not to be and fact handling is not compromised, you can still push it quite readily in comfort.

Despite my protestations I would be 50/50 on Auto and Paddles with the DSG I have found that its more 95/5 in favour of the auto with the paddles only used on stretches where I know I can really push on.

So you would think that being in comfort and auto most of time it would be a pretty subdued experience but think that is beauty of this MK7 in that you can be set up in this way but you are only a push of the right pedal away from transforming the experience in a moment  :smiley:

Its a great car, the more driven the more come to appreciate.

Offline DougM

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2014, 08:50 »
I have just joined the forum as I have ordered a GTI three weeks  back. I spoke to the local dealer about the options (which included DCC) I fancied and what was his opinion as it's very easy to bump the cost up. His response was not to bother with the DCC option, the 19 inch wheels and sat nav were better options. Saying that I still went for the DCC when placing the order through drivethedeal.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2014, 09:15 »
DCC in comfort mode is awesome when the wife and kids are on board. Otherwise it stays in sport.

A very big factor are the tyres. I changed from Bridgestone to Continentals and the difference was amazing! So much smother and quieter in sport mode. (A superior grip)
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.