Author Topic: homemade mk1 golf caddy (4motion 4wd /holset hx40 ,,turbo resto,56k warning  (Read 130557 times)

Offline Asbo Sovfinger

• GTI forum regular
  • I drink your milkshake!!
WOOOO-HOOOOOO you're back!!!

Good to read your posts again sunshine and I still marvel at the 'can do' attitude that sees you making up (for me) impossibly hard components in your spare time.  Welcome back fella.
'06 Ford Mondeo ST TDCi estate - Machine Silver with full leather Recaro interior (Black)

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
Bonkers, love it :cool:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! i think this thread + weather are enough to get me motivated and continue sorting my mk2 out. im sick of driving this poxy mazda

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Holy sh*t! Just read this from start to finish, took me all evening but this is epic!  :drool:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline adaptorman

• Here all the time
chuffing hell its only a home built idea lol mind if u guys like it then many thanks ,lol ive not had any probs with runing gear etc other then old used vr6 spares just thown in to get the tuning something like , engines fine so thats all ok for the time been ,, next im going to rewire the engine bay as ive been runing a  few ecus ie megasquirt1 /2 and tryed stock tuning , but when u need more power u have to get a better ecu to respond to the engines perforamce so my new ecu has arrived which is the megasquirt ms3 standalone , anyone hows thinking about going this route i can highly recomend (http://www.extraefi.co.uk/) everything u need to know is there ,quick pic as ll be useing 6 lsd yuko coilpacks nice high power spark outputs with a perfect ecu combation ecu to match  :smiley:

spec on ecu
MS3X board - The Spark outputs on these MS3 ECU's are 5V low current signals. They are designed to drive ignition coils with built in ignitors (LS2, VW, etc). As they have the MS3X board within them, Launch, NOS, Cam input, Boost control, etc, is all integral and included within the ECU. To drive COPs without ignitors you will need a Spark Driver Box,
« Last Edit: 14 March 2011, 20:29 by adaptorman »

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
Nice. But did that not cost a small fortune?
I fancy forced induction but it's the wiring/ ecu side that puts me off.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Dear Adaptor Man,

Please help me sort out my simple problems with my 16vT

Much Love, Caistor_BMX

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline adaptorman

• Here all the time
Nice. But did that not cost a small fortune?
I fancy forced induction but it's the wiring/ ecu side that puts me off.
hi it basicly depends of what you need from your engine ,theres plenty of ecus out there but i basicly pref the megasquirt due to its user freindly and everything regards software is free , you only pay for the ecu
 you will need a wideband and gauge , either ms1/2/3 and he type of setup ur useing , ie dizzy/coilpack,edis etc if u   explain what engine/ setup your runing , he will help/advise on what is needed and includ all the software needed along with labled wireing loom , which again is user friendly  ie say you have 68pins on ur ecu plug the megasquirt has pins to match the pinouts on the contector , and all daigrams etc are on his web page ,,you can buy ebay ones but , personaly you usely get a bare ecu which will need adapting with ur correct setup , firmware/software and every entreing from scratch ,,,
have a browze ead here http://www.extraefi.co.uk/ id sooner use a megasquirt then messing with stock ecus but each to there own
« Last Edit: 14 March 2011, 20:30 by adaptorman »

Offline adaptorman

• Here all the time
Dear Adaptor Man,

Please help me sort out my simple problems with my 16vT

Much Love, Caistor_BMX
whats issiuse with it?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
nice to see you posting here again, keep it up...  :cool:

really keen to see this beast one day!