Author Topic: Composite parts.  (Read 4173 times)

Offline pro7dave

• Not said much yet
Re: Composite parts.
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2007, 13:58 »
Right i havent asked about mk2 parts but seeing as there seems to be interest i will approach the vendor in the next few days.As with the mk1 parts i,m sure if we could get say 5-8 definites then he would press ahead with it.
Hypermonkey, He can do real carbon with a clear gelcoat but this also comes with the cooesponding price increase.Otherwise his finish is just bare gelcoat [but real goood quality.]

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2007, 00:29 »
Could he do a white gel finish or any colour?

......and what price the carbon? :evil:

Offline pro7dave

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2007, 14:34 »
From what i have seen its white or grey gelcoat,He is reluctant to do carbon with clear coat as the gelcoat can sometimes react with sunlight for a bleached look (not good) Also its OMFG expensive.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2007, 17:03 »
could make a killing on carbon mk2 bonnets if he can do them well (full thing not just a skin) .. they're not easy to get hold of.

Offline pro7dave

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2007, 13:33 »
could make a killing on carbon mk2 bonnets if he can do them well (full thing not just a skin) .. they're not easy to get hold of.
Again i,m willing to approach him about any panel but as stated before there needs to be at least 5 defos to make it worthwhile doing the moulds.I,m not well known on this forum so probably not that trusted but if one of you guys want to ask about and get some defo numbers then i'm sure it would be a goer.
Dave.
PS if one of you MK2 guys can measure up or send me a sunroof or template of the hole then i'm sure we could get the sunroof delete panels sorted ASAP for all you mk2 series/trackday addicts.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2007, 13:36 by pro7dave »

Offline maximous

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 04 July 2007, 13:25 »
Hmmm a mk2 carbon bonnet now that would be something, as long as it doesn't bleach in sunlight as said!

Yeah I’d be up for some of that action, was looking for a fibreglass alternative but carbon would rock!

Offline mojogoes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 19 July 2007, 20:45 »
« Last Edit: 19 July 2007, 20:51 by mojogoes »