Author Topic: well ive done it....  (Read 4556 times)

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
well ive done it....
« on: 29 October 2006, 20:26 »
just booked and paid online for a track day at cadwell on nov 11th

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/trackdays.html#nov

name etc should appear in list in next few days but im takin the vr6, my mate is takin his skyline, anyone else about this way that fancies a bit of fun check the link, its £129 for the day which is open pitlane so no silly sessions, basically your drive as much as you want/can from 9am til 1pm then 2pm till dusk...

so jv.... you got any stickers you want me to plaster the car in before the event?? lol  :wink: :wink:

Gaz

oh yeah there will be footage recorded on video but im so poor any one who knows how to convert my old hi8 canon camcorder to dvd etc would be helpfull, or even to a format so i can add it to webspace so the whole world can see me either kick ass/or either get my ass kicked in the vr6 would be good... and if anything ive seen today is there on the 11th ill be gettin me ass kicked!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline ReDBull

• I live here
Re: well ive done it....
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2006, 16:34 »
Never done a track day but itching to have a go. Are you bothering with insurance? Is it a track were you can spectat as not got the tyers for it at the mo?
03 210 Seat LCR. Badger5 V2.2TIP, Fordge 007p, Wellycooler, Quaife ATB LSD, Nuespeed ARB's, KW Clubsports, 330mm discs, 3" turbo back de cat and still on the standard map!
My project thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241116.0

Offline kniterider

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2006, 13:52 »
yeah you can spectate for free at cadwell  :smiley: , im not bothering with insurance as the vr only cost me a monkey so if i wrap it round a tree or stick it in the tyres im not bothered... lol.. as long as i dont kill the engine/box as i can bung these in a mk2 then lol

Offline Mk1Mad J - 16v

• I live here
  • At my age I don't have to act responsibly...
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2006, 15:15 »
I Dont want to be mr doom & gloom but you should think about the repair bill you could get for repairing the track if it goes tits up & if you were to hit another car they'll want paying too.  and, in the worse case scenario, the cost of closing the track while they clean you off it etc... it could add up to thousands  :sad:

Have fun though, I want to take mine to the track soon, I've got trackday cover in my insurance policy so I've got to use it  :cool:

"Ever since I started to surf, I have realized that golf is for people who don't know how to surf."  -- Tiger Woods.

my dub project:-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=35338.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEUOoH_xxo

Offline kniterider

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2006, 16:15 »
most circuits have there own insurance for that kind of thing, thats normally incorperated into the price of the booking by the relevent trackday firm, cleaning of the track and car removal is also incorperated, thats why they have marshalls, track cleaners, and there owm recovery trucks on site... its one big package.. as for the risks, when you book/sign in your asked if your taking out insurance this covers your car, and your self, im not bothering with mine, my mates taking it out as if he bins his skyline he dosnt want to be f00ked where as i dont really give a sh@t about me or my car... and if i hit some one who isnt insured thats there fault, they had the choice of taking the insurance out, if some one knocks me off yeah ill be a bit peeved but if your gonna go on a track expect the unexpected... if not take insurance...

:grin:

Offline Stu-1.8T

• Here all the time
  • Quit your Jibba Jabba
« Reply #5 on: 02 November 2006, 21:37 »
I did a trackday at Goodwood with my £400.00 Toyota Celica back in September. Same set up as Cadwell by the sound of it, but cost £260.00!! :shocked: Worth every penny though. I did feel a bit out of place when the Ferrari's and Porsche's started to turn up, but I did manage to keep up with a peugeot 205 GTi which I was pleased with.

I wanted to take some in car footage, but the track official said that the camera needed to be in a proper cradle, and not held by a passenger. Might be worth checking this out Gaz?

And yes, the insurance for any damage to the track should be included in the price, that's why I bought a cheap car so I did'nt damage the Golf (which probably wouldn'nt have been so much fun as the Celica anyway)

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #6 on: 02 November 2006, 21:59 »
Trackdays are great fun, I hope you enjoy it. !

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2006, 13:02 »
I Dont want to be mr doom & gloom but you should think about the repair bill you could get for repairing the track if it goes tits up & if you were to hit another car they'll want paying too.  and, in the worse case scenario, the cost of closing the track while they clean you off it etc... it could add up to thousands  :sad:

Have fun though, I want to take mine to the track soon, I've got trackday cover in my insurance policy so I've got to use it  :cool:

You dont actually have to have track day insurance and so as such the track day cover is accidental damage for your car only (on the free trackday cover we offer on your policy J) therefore if you hit another car and he has not sorted his own cover out then tough on him. You just claim from your own policy for your damage. Damage to the track should be covered by the organisers as previously stated.

Be aware the policy excesses are higher on track tho and there are certain exclusions - ie chipped paint from sticking it in the gravel

hope that clears it up.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2006, 13:05 »
most circuits have there own insurance for that kind of thing, thats normally incorperated into the price of the booking by the relevent trackday firm, cleaning of the track and car removal is also incorperated, thats why they have marshalls, track cleaners, and there owm recovery trucks on site... its one big package.. as for the risks, when you book/sign in your asked if your taking out insurance this covers your car, and your self, im not bothering with mine, my mates taking it out as if he bins his skyline he dosnt want to be f00ked where as i dont really give a sh@t about me or my car... and if i hit some one who isnt insured thats there fault, they had the choice of taking the insurance out, if some one knocks me off yeah ill be a bit peeved but if your gonna go on a track expect the unexpected... if not take insurance...

yeah what he said, thats what i mean!  :grin:

Offline kniterider

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2006, 20:10 »
well im doin this saturday and im the only vw in a field of 60 + preformance cars   :cry: :cry:

if any vw fans wanna come and see me either kick some ass or get mine kicked all the action kicks off at 9 ish in the  morning till it gets dark and cafe etc there ... if yas bored or out this way have a neb... lol

Gaz