Author Topic: Wrong colour bonnet :(  (Read 665 times)

Offline WattyGTi

• Not said much yet
Wrong colour bonnet :(
« on: 14 April 2011, 10:48 »
Hi guys, i bought a bonnet from fleabay, advertised as LC9Z but when i got it cleaned it up and put it on it was nothing like the rest of the car, think the car it came off had a new bonnet which was replaced with L041 so now i have a bonnet in L041 with the rest of my car being LC9Z :( How much would it cost to get mine from L041 to LC9Z???
2000 1.8T 20v AGU, Revo Stage 1, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust With Sports Cat, Forge 007p, ABD TIP, Toyosports CAI, 6000k HIDS, Aero Wiper Conversion, Black Leather Recaro's.......To Be Continued

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
Re: Wrong colour bonnet :(
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2011, 15:06 »
shouldt cost that much if u get it sanded down yaself and prep it ready for spray  :wink:

or contact the guy u got off an tell him it was advertised wrong

Offline WattyGTi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2011, 15:39 »
Yeah i did that mate he said he read the code of the dealer book, he is a couple hours drive from me aswell which is annoying cause i drove up to get it and put it on lol
2000 1.8T 20v AGU, Revo Stage 1, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust With Sports Cat, Forge 007p, ABD TIP, Toyosports CAI, 6000k HIDS, Aero Wiper Conversion, Black Leather Recaro's.......To Be Continued

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2011, 22:45 »
ide say 80 quid max, my mate got his roof sanded and sprayed and same with both of his mirrors for 80 quid.

personally i wouldnt sand it down myself, the trick to geting a good paint coat is in the preperation (i.e. sanding ect.) most  good places even if you have sanded it down yourself will still spend time sanding it down to get it to how they want/as good preperation finish as they can so its pointless you doing it imo as your just wasting your time, and as said your only going to save a small amount of money if you sand it down to a perfect finish so they only have to spray it.