Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322332 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1950 on: 18 August 2013, 20:32 »
The only thing that signals the end of your wait is a confirmed build week, no harm in clutching though!

Friggin' b*uggers :whistle:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1951 on: 18 August 2013, 20:37 »
Hang in the mate, when it goes to confirmed and then to build and then transit, the excitement starts to build again!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1952 on: 18 August 2013, 21:46 »
In sunny ibiza with little Internet contact. Had week 32 from dealer and confirmed build week
Could not get new tracker to work
Finally did, in transit. Woo. Also missed call from dealer(first contact from him without promting,
Will start new thread re that when get home. )
So must be something happening. Hopefully early September.
Was probably one of first to order. Go figure ad nauseum.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1953 on: 18 August 2013, 21:48 »
In sunny ibiza with little Internet contact. Had week 32 from dealer and confirmed build week
Could not get new tracker to work
Finally did, in transit. Woo. Also missed call from dealer(first contact from him without promting,
Will start new thread re that when get home. )
So must be something happening. Hopefully early September.
Was probably one of first to order. Go figure ad nauseum.

About time mate  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1954 on: 19 August 2013, 10:42 »
Now I've got a confirmed BW (37) I've plugged the new numbers into my little "tick off the days" excel calender.

Weeks elapsed since order: 17
Estimated weeks remaining: 9
Total time order to delivery: 26 weeks/6.3 months

Of course when the car is built in the assigned BW and how long it takes to transport mean there is some uncertainty here.  I'm guessing it could turn out to be anything from 24 weeks to 28 weeks...

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #1955 on: 19 August 2013, 11:16 »
Now I've got a confirmed BW (37) I've plugged the new numbers into my little "tick off the days" excel calender.

Of course when the car is built in the assigned BW and how long it takes to transport mean there is some uncertainty here.  I'm guessing it could turn out to be anything from 24 weeks to 28 weeks...

This is all superfluous of course as you're now driving an M135i..... right?  :evil: :evil:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1956 on: 19 August 2013, 12:05 »

9 weeks remaining with only 3 left to build week? Hopefully it shouldn’t take 6 weeks to get to you. On that basis (6 weeks delivery) my total time order to delivery is longer than yours by 2 weeks (ordered 4 weeks before you and my build is into the week after it was supposed to be). I never thought that a 6 month wait for a Golf would ever be the case. It will probably be the last time I buy a car at launch.

24 weeks total for you is more likely, maybe 23 weeks from order to BW if you’re lucky = 20 + 3 or 4 weeks to deliver (hail storms excepted). 24 weeks for me would see me getting mine sometime in W/C 02 Sept, which may be possible considering mine and my supplying dealership’s proximity to the receiving port.

Who on this website has the longest wait from order accepted to anticipated collection (based on 4 weeks post build) for a confirmed build week I wonder. Any BW13 orders waiting until BW37 to get built so far?

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1957 on: 19 August 2013, 12:16 »
Why are we working on the basis of a 4 week delivery?  My dealer told me its 4 weeks minimum, could be up to 6 weeks.  I know your Dad got it faster but that was highly exceptional circumstances that I doubt will be repeated.  Given that every single estimate VW have given us has proved to be on the optimistic side I think we want to be careful here.

We've also seen that BW37 could mean up to "practically" BW38.  My personal estimate assumes build is not completed until Monday BW38, then adds 4 weeks for delivery, which puts me taking the keys Monday of week 42.  If delivery or build turn out to be longer this could hit last week of October or even November!  If delivery is fast and build is early week 37 then I could get hold of it 1st week of October (week 40) but its mad to hope for this given VW progress so far.  Even my dealer is talking about "mid" October (week 42)...

I think however you cut this 26 weeks (with potential for slippage) is what should be expected in my case.

I ordered 3rd week of April, but I know Jimble was before this so he is probably me + 3 weeks (which puts him on 29 weeks I guess!).  I doubt anyone is worse off than that, but willing to be proven wrong if there is another unlucky soul on here!
« Last Edit: 19 August 2013, 12:18 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1958 on: 19 August 2013, 12:20 »
Why are we working on the basis of a 4 week delivery?  My dealer told me its 4 weeks minimum, could be up to 6 weeks.  I know your Dad got it faster but that was highly exceptional circumstances that I doubt will be repeated.  Given that every single estimate VW have given us has proved to be on the optimistic side I think we want to be careful here.

We've also seen that BW37 could mean up to "practically" BW38.  My personal estimate assumes build is not completed until Monday BW38, then adds 4 weeks for delivery, which puts me taking the keys Monday of week 42.  If delivery or build turn out to be longer this could hit last week of October or even November!  If delivery is fast and build is early week 37 then I could get hold of it 1st week of October (week 40) but its mad to hope for this given VW progress so far.  Even my dealer is talking about "mid" October (week 42)...

I think however you cut this 26 weeks (with potential for slippage) is what should be expected in my case.

I ordered 3rd week of April, but I know Jimble was before this so he is probably me + 3 weeks (which puts him on 29 weeks I guess!).  I doubt anyone is worse off than that, but willing to be proven wrong if there is another unlucky soul on here!

I ordered 1 week after you, and am on the same schedule as you.  :undecided:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1959 on: 19 August 2013, 12:26 »

9 weeks remaining with only 3 left to build week? Hopefully it shouldn’t take 6 weeks to get to you. On that basis (6 weeks delivery) my total time order to delivery is longer than yours by 2 weeks (ordered 4 weeks before you and my build is into the week after it was supposed to be). I never thought that a 6 month wait for a Golf would ever be the case. It will probably be the last time I buy a car at launch.

24 weeks total for you is more likely, maybe 23 weeks from order to BW if you’re lucky = 20 + 3 or 4 weeks to deliver (hail storms excepted). 24 weeks for me would see me getting mine sometime in W/C 02 Sept, which may be possible considering mine and my supplying dealership’s proximity to the receiving port.

Who on this website has the longest wait from order accepted to anticipated collection (based on 4 weeks post build) for a confirmed build week I wonder. Any BW13 orders waiting until BW37 to get built so far?

I ordered week 13 but obviously the order didn't go through till week 14 when the books opened and have just got 37 confirmed! :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂