Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322340 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1920 on: 18 August 2013, 09:55 »
Mine too - is that all the BW33ers now in build (or even in transport for one lucky so and so)?

Excellent news! It seems all of us have changed to build in progress - a week late but at least it's moving now - a good way to start a Sunday morning!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1921 on: 18 August 2013, 10:02 »

Excellent news! It seems all of us have changed to build in progress - a week late but at least it's moving now - a good way to start a Sunday morning!

Officially it isn't late, but a Sunday start is pushing it. Impressed that the tracker seems to update in real time, rather than waiting for the admin to update it on the Monday. Now to look at the shipping schedule for port of Tyne....
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1922 on: 18 August 2013, 10:06 »

Officially it isn't late, but a Sunday start is pushing it. Impressed that the tracker seems to update in real time, rather than waiting for the admin to update it on the Monday. Now to look at the shipping schedule for port of Tyne....

Is there a thread that I can go to to get ship information? And how do you find out the name of the ship that its on once it's built?
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1923 on: 18 August 2013, 10:10 »
Mine too - is that all the BW33ers now in build (or even in transport for one lucky so and so)?

Yip great news guys. More new owners very soon and more glorious pics!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1924 on: 18 August 2013, 10:12 »

Is there a thread that I can go to to get ship information? And how do you find out the name of the ship that its on once it's built?

Port of Tyne for shipping info Mark but I don't think it's possible to know what ship it will be on unless your dealer knows.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1925 on: 18 August 2013, 10:18 »
Well it's not going to get on the "City of Amsterdam" tomorrow, listing only goes up to the 24th and no Emden origin ships listed before then for port of Tyne.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1926 on: 18 August 2013, 10:19 »
Do all cars come into the Port of Tyne then? Is there no port for us southerners?!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1927 on: 18 August 2013, 10:23 »
Do all cars come into the Port of Tyne then? Is there no port for us southerners?!  :grin:

I would say Teesside and up, all the way up Scotland will be Port of Tyne.

Grimsby (and i'm guessing Felixstowe?) for everyone south of Teesside. If Felixstowe is a VW receiving port, I would guess anything south of Norwich would be supplied by Felixstowe. If not then Grimsby will do everything else.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1928 on: 18 August 2013, 10:33 »
No wonder I have to wait so long if it goes to Grimsby!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1929 on: 18 August 2013, 11:09 »
No wonder I have to wait so long if it goes to Grimsby!  :grin:

Haha!  For better or worse, I'm quite close to Grimsby on the correct side of the river (north bank!)  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep