Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322333 times)

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1850 on: 15 August 2013, 11:15 »
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1851 on: 15 August 2013, 11:19 »
What's the latest working tracking web address again?

Never mind, I found it: http://pre-live.volkswagen.co.uk/owners

That address should be on a sticky.

Still build week confirmed and nothing more.

I'm the same MH.  Fooking annoying isn't it, after all the wait I was hoping (clearly stupidly) that this part would go through smoothly ie. in transit today after being built Monday/Tuesday.  Clearly I was a fool to believe this!  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1852 on: 15 August 2013, 11:34 »
I'm the same MH.  Fooking annoying isn't it, after all the wait I was hoping (clearly stupidly) that this part would go through smoothly ie. in transit today after being built Monday/Tuesday.  Clearly I was a fool to believe this!  :rolleyes:

Yup, hence the term "Build Week" and not a specific day :(  You'd at least think they would be able to give you an update as to when it is likely to go into actual build.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1853 on: 15 August 2013, 11:41 »

Yup, hence the term "Build Week" and not a specific day :(  You'd at least think they would be able to give you an update as to when it is likely to go into actual build.

That's what irritates the most.  "It will be built sometime this week."  I can almost imagine them sticking a finger up in the air plumber style umming & arring about when to build it.  One of the biggest producers of cars in the world and they can't tell me when its going into build?  Really?

I shouldn't get so annoyed at it, I'm sure it will get built this week, but I can't understand why they can't be specific and also the p1ss poor customer information available.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1854 on: 15 August 2013, 11:47 »
That's what irritates the most.  "It will be built sometime this week."  I can almost imagine them sticking a finger up in the air plumber style umming & arring about when to build it.  One of the biggest producers of cars in the world and they can't tell me when its going into build?  Really?

I shouldn't get so annoyed at it, I'm sure it will get built this week, but I can't understand why they can't be specific and also the p1ss poor customer information available.

Totally agree, it's just the lack of timely information and related poor customer service.  Even if none of it actually impacts when you'll get your car, it makes a world of difference to how you perceive the experience.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1855 on: 15 August 2013, 12:04 »
My salesman has had a long talk with vw on my behalf and has been told that the camera is continuing (ongoing it seems) to delay the build. Seems that vw don't have an answer for it and that removing the camera will speed up the build week.

I have asked him for timescales of when it will be built either way so I can make a decision.....

He did in so many words say my only option is really to remove it
« Last Edit: 15 August 2013, 12:09 by JohnP »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1856 on: 15 August 2013, 12:04 »
With all the bad press VW have been getting lately over, crap deliveries, poor communication, downright lack of product knowledge then issues with lane assist and now deliveries of the view view cameras, you would think this would be the easy bit.

Thing that worries me is from VW's own tracking website it says :

How long will my car take to build ?
- It depends on a lot of factors, but to give you some idea it takes around 30 hours to build a Golf, split over two to four days.

So as we are on Thursday, and if it hasn't even been started yet, it most likely is not going to be built this week. So why quote a build week if it's just a guess (as you might have guessed - not impressed  :angry: :angry:)
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1857 on: 15 August 2013, 12:06 »
My salesman has had a long talk with vw on my behalf and has been told that the camera is continuing (ongoing it seems) to delay the build. Seems that vw don't have an answer for it and that removing the camera will speed up the build week.

I have asked him for timescales of when it will be built either way so I can make a decision.....

the question is, is this for new orders, or does it also affect orders already placed with the camera that have confirmed build weeks !!!
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1858 on: 15 August 2013, 12:11 »

the question is, is this for new orders, or does it also affect orders already placed with the camera that have confirmed build weeks !!!

My car was ordered on 28 April!!!!

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
« Reply #1859 on: 15 August 2013, 12:29 »
On contrast, I was told this by my dealer:-

"Having spoken to VW, it looks as though changing the spec of your car wouldn’t necessarily change the build date of your car unfortunately as the date is currently fixed even taking into account delays for the rear camera option."