Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322351 times)

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1670 on: 07 August 2013, 19:12 »
Well mine is also uncomfirmed BW36, pp and rear cam. Ordered first week of April,
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1671 on: 07 August 2013, 19:23 »
It is all so up in the air at the moment and all we can do is clutch at straws with no reall had facts being divulged. 

But the Performance Pack batching of Build Weeks does look like a viable one.  It also does explain why people such as Gryzor with Standard Spec have waited less time than those in the same boat as myself with Performance Pack.  I know it will not get anywhere, but I have also emailed my Dealer asking what exactly is going on with all the delays.  I know I should go higher, but I just want to see what new excuses come out this time for the delay. 

Also I am extremely envious of you Gryzor.  I bet you are getting a bit more excited now you know the wheels are in motion with your car being built.  Best wishes and hope you get it soon.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1672 on: 07 August 2013, 19:23 »
Mine is PP + Cam and still no confirmed week ordered 30th April.  :angry:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1673 on: 07 August 2013, 19:26 »
Not sure its anything to do with the PP. I have the PP on mine and ordered 6th May

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1674 on: 07 August 2013, 19:27 »
Ok one more question for them then.  When they call I'll ask why some of us are getting built while others are in a state of camera limbo doom until further notice.  Is it due to another option, say performance pack.

Btw anyone on here order early-ish with camera but not PP and still not have confirmed BW?  Tommygund, did you get PP?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1675 on: 07 August 2013, 19:28 »
There is no way in the world they'll wire up the camera for you in the factory without actually fitting the camera! It just won't happen. I wouldn't let a dealer attempt a retro fit either. A couple of friends of mine have retrofitted them to MKV/MKVI's and its doable if you are reasonably DIY minded.
Not sure what extra difficulty the new head units bring to retrofits though. It was probably easier with the RNS units in the MKV/vi.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1676 on: 07 August 2013, 19:30 »
Also I am extremely envious of you Gryzor.  I bet you are getting a bit more excited now you know the wheels are in motion with your car being built.  Best wishes and hope you get it soon.

Cheers mate!  Yeah it all starts to seem real now, definitely excited!

CraigW, it may be a combination of options, and you didn't spec the camera.  So hard to say now without hard facts!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline TDI-line

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1677 on: 07 August 2013, 19:33 »
Hi Bill,

which dealer did youi use btw? (Being in Cambridgeshire also).

I actually used a broker to find my dealer (but the entire process was done at the dealer, so as far as VW know its like any other order).  I ended up at Listers near Birmingham.  Did you use Vindis then?

I haven't ordered yet, just doing some research and seeing what discount i can push. One last test drive of an A3 S-line S-tronic (DSG) on Saturday, just to see what the drive is like, but probably 90% towards a Limestone GTD. ;)
2019: MK7.5 GTI TCR: DEEP GREY / BLACK ROOF: REIFNITZ PERFORMANCE PACK: DYNAUDIO: AKRAPOVIC: UTR DASHCAMS

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1678 on: 07 August 2013, 19:33 »

Cheers mate!  Yeah it all starts to seem real now, definitely excited!

CraigW, it may be a combination of options, and you didn't spec the camera.  So hard to say now without hard facts!

You could be right. Who knows what's going on. You will love the car when you get it!!!

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1679 on: 07 August 2013, 19:34 »
Do you think the reason Gryzor's GTI is being built and Mine and Bills along with some others are not confirmed,  is due to the fact Gryzor has not specified a Performance Pack for his.  I have noticed both mine and Bill's have Performance Packs.  Is it just a case of the easier lower spec standard cars are built and shipped first to off load a bulk of cars on their lists then once enough Performance Pack and other specs are collated on their lists they allocate a week for them all to be built the same time. 

Good try Brenbo, but it doesn't quite stack up, as mine went into production with Gryzor's on Monday and I ordered the PP. I placed my order on the 29th March and the only similarity with Gryzor's order is that we've both ordered Pure White 5 doors!

This is highly unlikely but my dealer told me the hold up was with the 'ACC' which I did spec. My order was bumped from BW28 to 32.  I think he was clutching at straws. I really do feel for everyone else though. If delivery does happen in September, it will be 5 months from ordering which is the longest I've waited for any car!!!
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 19:36 by Gung-Ho »
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)