Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322341 times)

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1490 on: 29 July 2013, 22:35 »
I got vouchers today too.

Personally I think it is a nice touch.

They didn't have to do that and I am grateful for the gesture.

3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1491 on: 30 July 2013, 07:58 »
I got vouchers today too.

Personally I think it is a nice touch.

They didn't have to do that and I am grateful for the gesture.

I take it you have to complaint to someone high up to get these vouchers rather than VW UK looking at everyone with say, more than 20 weeks wait and dishing them out without asking for a goodwill gesture or lodging a complaint. I myself will be looking at 23 weeks from ordering to delivery despite being the first order in at my dealership and no options to delay things.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1492 on: 30 July 2013, 09:04 »
Didn't really complain. When I spoke to vw uk I just expressed my disappointment.

I would imagine most retail customers who placed an order in April or earlier will get the same letter

3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1493 on: 30 July 2013, 10:44 »
Monkey hanger, did you order direct with local dealer or through broker?
(I.e. retail or fleet ?)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1494 on: 30 July 2013, 10:48 »
(I.e. retail or fleet ?)

Are you wondering if this makes any difference?  Not sure but I doubt it.  I'm pretty sure MH is direct, but I went through a broker and ended up on fleet.  We're both looking at significantly more than 20 weeks on April orders.

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1495 on: 30 July 2013, 12:01 »
Well it will make a difference on lead times and communication.
If a fleet deal I doubt they will bother sending letter and vouchers etc. could be wrong.

Also as you know brokers sell via dealer fleet dept. so dealer has to potentially build up an order batch to send off. If lucky then you get in at same time order goes off. If unlucky you have to wait until order batch is completed.
That might account for the extended delay

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1496 on: 30 July 2013, 12:19 »
Also as you know brokers sell via dealer fleet dept. so dealer has to potentially build up an order batch to send off. If lucky then you get in at same time order goes off. If unlucky you have to wait until order batch is completed.
That might account for the extended delay

I dunno that it works like that.  Maybe its different at different dealers, but the fleet department I was given just ordered mine immediately, just the one car.  I understand the broker guarantees them a certain number of orders but I don't think there is any requirement to hold off on orders until a certain number are ready to go at once.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1497 on: 30 July 2013, 12:25 »
(I.e. retail or fleet ?)

Direct, straight through to the dealership via the normal retail channels. A cracking p/x (which is looking better now, given the lateness of my order) and some freebies which at the time stacked up well against no broker offers against the GTD (maybe I should've waited a month or 2 to order).

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1498 on: 30 July 2013, 12:33 »
Didn't really complain. When I spoke to vw uk I just expressed my disappointment.

I would imagine most retail customers who placed an order in April or earlier will get the same letter

I doubt VW will do that - not many companies give money away that they don't have to, and as I haven't complained to them, I don’t think they will correspond with me to give me £50. I have rang them up a few times to check on my build date which has shuffled around considerably (BW26>27>26>33 –confirmed).

I attribute my wait time to the dealership error after I had changed my order and they changed my dad’s instead, then changed mine a lot later. On paper it would seem that it is not VW’s fault for my delay (although the availability of demo cars before my own March order is still a bit of a piss take).
I would hope that if they were intending to offer gestures about that I hadn’t specifically triggered with complaint, I would get one as a loyal customer of 6 previous VWs bought new.

My dealer has been very good with communication up until the point my build week was locked out (a weekly update), and again to offer me first crack to buy one of the 3 GTD demos that came into the group, and again to offer me a test drive.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1499 on: 30 July 2013, 12:36 »

I doubt VW will do that - not many companies give money away that they don't have to, and as I haven't complained to them, I don’t think they will correspond with me to give me £50.

I bet it doesn't cost them much, or even anything.  Depends what these vouchers are but if they are of the "£50 off a holiday" kind then VW probably get them near enough free as its just a promotion!

"Yes, you may be inuring £1000 additional cost due to the extra wait, but here is 5% of that, that cost us nothing, and you can only get it if you spend more money!  See how good we are to you?"  Yeah, yeah I do.  Thanks VW. :rolleyes: