Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322359 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1340 on: 13 July 2013, 11:53 »
I've seen quite a few posts by many members this week where I detect the irritation is turning towards anger now...

It seemed like most of us were going confirmed BW35, which is an atrocious wait, but probably the max acceptable one.  That its been put back YET AGAIN and still not confirmed is stupid.  What makes me angry though is that people have ordered months later than many of us, yet are getting their cars 2 or maybe more months earlier!?!?!?

VW bluster about spec causing hold up but it's all been proven to be BS apart from the rear cam which they claim won't affect us anyway!  Why the hell can't they just bump 100 of the 5000 Golfs they make a week (or is it a day?) and make 100 more GTIs instead?  Either they are incompetent at solving the problem, or they have a problem too big to solve which is incompetence in planning.

Short of the factory burning down its their screw up followed by their failure to take action to deal with it.

PS: I've given up on BW36, it's 37 or later for sure... Probably back to 40 and a November delivery (if I'm lucky).  They should be knocking thousands off the price as an apology for the extra months of waiting! :angry:  even if they offered £1000 it would probably just cancel the depreciation in my p/x and gain me nothing!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1341 on: 13 July 2013, 11:56 »
jimble I noticed you've got the rear camera specced on yours. that's the reason why you are still unconfirmed I would say. camera has been pulled from any new orders as they've run out  :rolleyes:

As you said "NEW" orders.  How the hell can if affect James who ordered over 3 months !!?!?! before the shortage became apparent?  They specifically said only July orders were delayed.  Did they lie?

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1342 on: 13 July 2013, 11:57 »
jimble I noticed you've got the rear camera specced on yours. that's the reason why you are still unconfirmed I would say. camera has been pulled from any new orders as they've run out  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have the camera too, my dealer mentioned it not being available for new orders. But they didn't think it was affectiing existing orders.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #1343 on: 13 July 2013, 12:09 »
This was probably covered before, but I ordered a week ago... how long should it take for the dealer to give me a confirmed order status.. and then how long from that to getting an esimtated build week ?

cheers
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1344 on: 13 July 2013, 12:16 »
This was probably covered before, but I ordered a week ago... how long should it take for the dealer to give me a confirmed order status.. and then how long from that to getting an esimtated build week ?

cheers

You should be able to get a proper VW order number you can use on the tracker the very next working day, or whenever the admin side submits orders within the dealership. A few weeks after that you should have an estimated build week which is very much a rough estimate and subject to change until you get a confirmed build week, 4 weeks before build.

Actual build seems to be very strongly tied to the dealership's allocation and how many they sold already. If the dealership has only sold 1 GTI or GTD since orders opened then chances are you'll get it within 10 weeks of ordering, as that first one will have been built already if it was an early order. If you're number 6 from that dealership then expect Christmas delivery. Maybe you should ask your dealer how many orders ahve preceded yours.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1345 on: 13 July 2013, 12:20 »
Allocation is what we've deduced to be the key to delays (excluding rear camera delays). Allocation is also the key to better residuals than the average Golf, low availability and higher demand keeps the prices up.

It is completely daft of VW to delay GTIs and GTDs that by virtue of allocation should have been built by now, at the expense of churning out demos that will prompt orders that VW can't or won't fulfill for a very long time.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #1346 on: 13 July 2013, 12:25 »
cool thanks

have emailed the dealer this morning to ask if the order has been confirmed, will wait till he comes back to me... though having an online tracker sounds like a recipe for days spent twiddling thumbs pressing refresh every 3 hours !!  :rolleyes:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1347 on: 13 July 2013, 12:25 »
Maybe they should cancel all allocations for GTIs and just have one queue based on date of order?  What is the point of having angry customers on the phone for months and months while unfulfilled slots sit there just so some lucky guys can jump the queue? :huh: VW are not doing themselves any favours.

I know those Germans don't really like to think out of the box, but even an imbecile could see they need to do this. :whistle: :grin:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1348 on: 13 July 2013, 13:14 »

Yeah, I have the camera too, my dealer mentioned it not being available for new orders. But they didn't think it was affectiing existing orders.
who knows and we'll probably never find out the truth.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #1349 on: 13 July 2013, 16:56 »
Dealer just mailed me back to say my car is showing build week 41, which sounds ok given i ordered last weekend ? 

Guess that is the advantage ordering from a smaller dealer rather than a big one, sounds like i am not last in the allocation..