Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322360 times)

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1290 on: 05 July 2013, 12:33 »
I was 34 on monday this week, phoned yesterday and told 35, phoned this morning and maybe 36-37 so cancelled my order.

I feel for you - VW appear to have been very poor in relation to updating customers.

Take this as a positive - reorder (GTI this time!) with a bigger discount which is likely now available!

I ordered this week and have been told 18-20 weeks for delivery; I can't see it taking until March for the GTI, although as all the Company Car orders flood in for the GTD I suppose it could create a big back-log of orders (similar to my A3 Black Edition which was a Company Car favorite for a while due to the high spec/low CO2 etc...)
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1291 on: 05 July 2013, 12:51 »
The thing that pi44ed me off was that people who are ordering through brokers were getting build weeks far in advance to me and ordered two months after me. Seems VW are looking after everyone but private customers who are paying virtually full price for a vehicle. (No complaint towards people who went through a broker  :wink:)
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1292 on: 05 July 2013, 12:56 »
The thing that pi44ed me off was that people who are ordering through brokers were getting build weeks far in advance to me and ordered two months after me. Seems VW are looking after everyone but private customers who are paying virtually full price for a vehicle. (No complaint towards people who went through a broker  :wink:)

It does seem absolutely ridiculous. There should be an orderly queue and first come first served philosophy. It is a complete mystery as to how they organise the orders they receive. Appears to be no logic whatsoever

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1293 on: 05 July 2013, 12:56 »

Just seen on another thread that jrc ordered in wk21 and has confirmed BW28.  I ordered in wk17 I think and I have UNCONFIRMED BW that might be 35 or might be more like 37-39, depending on who at VW you believe more. :angry:

This makes total sense to me. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Thinking about it I might get the car quicker if I cancel and re-order on Drive the Deal.  Seems like I'd get about 3-4% better discount too!  Don't think I can cope with that however.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2013, 12:58 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline GTIEcosse

• Just got here
« Reply #1294 on: 05 July 2013, 14:04 »
First post here, but been lurking for while. Thought I would add my experience so far...

We ordered 15th May through DtD and were told 14 weeks....3 weeks ago dealer called and told us we had an estimated b/w34....VW tracker still "processing order" though...nothing since.

« Last Edit: 05 July 2013, 14:19 by GTIEcosse »
Golf GTI Mk7; Flat Black, PP, ACC and Winter Pack. Confirmed Build Week: 35

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1295 on: 05 July 2013, 14:27 »
Meh, trying not to think about it. I just got my new Merc SL today, and it's taken 12 weeks in total. How it takes 20+ weeks for a GTI is beyond me. I'm being told week 36 but I reckon it will 38. I ordered mid April.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1296 on: 05 July 2013, 14:37 »
I just got my new Merc SL today

You're buying an SL and a GTI?  I'm jealous hehe :whistle:

The GTI lead time for a mid April order is just insane.

Offline ginnes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1297 on: 05 July 2013, 14:44 »
Climate screen isnt available until bw45 which is sometime in november.

After it was confirmed that the climate screen had been added to my order I saw the screen that showed my build week estimated at 35. Dealer checked again for me today and came back with BW 36. If it really was BW45  he would have told me, in-between his tears most likely as that would be a Xmas/New year delivery when he has promised to honour my p/x price which was given at the beginning of April !
Current - Mk 7 GTI, Audi S2 Avant, Audi ur quattro
Finally arrived, only took 25 weeks! - Mk 7 GTI Tornado Red 5 Dr DSG.
PP, ACC, Keyless entry, Discover Pro, Park assist, Rear view camera, Winter pack, Climate windscreen, Advanced Phone prep.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1298 on: 05 July 2013, 16:16 »
Yeah, if climate screen was BW45, my car would not be confirmed at BW32.

As for cancelling, it's all fine and sends a message, but it's just one of hundreds of orders up and down the country so not really sure VW will care too much.  If everybody cancelled, yeah, different story!  It's annoying, but I have no choice but to wait.  Cancelling and not re-ordering is fine, but cancelling and then re-ordering from elsewhere just to see if you get it quicker is a hassle-step too far for me!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1299 on: 05 July 2013, 17:39 »
I'm in the same boat as Bill The Bear ordered 1st April still no confirmed build date.I just wondered if the likes of Autoexpress or Autocar got hold of VW ordering fiasco if they could get a proper answer.