Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322351 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1260 on: 04 July 2013, 16:44 »
Didn't we decide that all options are pointless, as indeed is the car itself, if we look at things like that? :tongue:

Yup, nobody on here needs a Golf GTI, or indeed the camera.  But, if it is holding things up...  :evil:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1261 on: 04 July 2013, 17:51 »
Sigh..............

I did check on your order yesterday and as you say, the build week is only scheduled and still hasn’t confirmed. I also would have expected it to have a confirmed build by now, so I called Volkswagen’s sales office and they have had quite a few calls from GTI customers!  They have told me that there are some delays due to high demand on the GTI and GTD models, but also the rear view camera has been removed from ordering on Golfs.  Any customer orders that have been placed with the rear view camera will be honoured, but it is taking a little longer for the build status to confirm.  They are getting weekly updates from the factory on this issue and there should be another update on Monday, so I will call them again and let you know if there are any changes.

I apologise for this, but I will keep you updated.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Running Man

« Reply #1262 on: 04 July 2013, 18:00 »
17th April dealer told me yesterday as problems with rear view camera production had been delayed so it will put back the date of arrival.

Oh sh!t, thats virtually all of us!

Anyone heard anything different?  I thought like mcmaddy said that it was only holding up cameras from now onwards.  Basically that they've used them faster than they are supplied so that they'll run out by the time an order placed now would be built.  Is Bingham's dealer talking crap?  I hope so.

If this is the case why don't they call us and ask if we want to drop the camera?  Some of us probably would if it meant they could get their cars with no more delays and that would also ease the supply/demand problem!

I've got the rear view camera and no mention of delay by my dealer.  In fact I was on BW40 for a while with them and its just come forward to BW35, hence the phone call.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1263 on: 04 July 2013, 18:02 »
I've never come across such a shambles in all my life. VW are pathetic and I'm finding it very difficult not to cancel my order and by something else. Pisses me off that others are ordering in June and even July and getting build weeks of 39, 40,41 etc. No customer satisfaction or loyalty at all. total and utter bulls4it from a supposedly world wide company!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1264 on: 04 July 2013, 18:05 »
Sigh..............

I did check on your order yesterday and as you say, the build week is only scheduled and still hasn’t confirmed. I also would have expected it to have a confirmed build by now, so I called Volkswagen’s sales office and they have had quite a few calls from GTI customers!  They have told me that there are some delays due to high demand on the GTI and GTD models, but also the rear view camera has been removed from ordering on Golfs.  Any customer orders that have been placed with the rear view camera will be honoured, but it is taking a little longer for the build status to confirm.  They are getting weekly updates from the factory on this issue and there should be another update on Monday, so I will call them again and let you know if there are any changes.

I apologise for this, but I will keep you updated.

Really does suck not been impressed by VW service to say the least not had any word from my dealer for 2 months and seems like it always me having to chase it up.

Expect better service when spending £32k on a car having said that as i am exchanging my car dealer offered to soften the blow and i will be able to exchange my car before the date and be given a car (hopefully mk6 golf) until new one arrives.

Running Man

« Reply #1265 on: 04 July 2013, 18:06 »
Just so you know I ordered at the start of May  :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1266 on: 04 July 2013, 19:06 »
I've never come across such a shambles in all my life. VW are pathetic and I'm finding it very difficult not to cancel my order and by something else. Pisses me off that others are ordering in June and even July and getting build weeks of 39, 40,41 etc. No customer satisfaction or loyalty at all. total and utter bulls4it from a supposedly world wide company!

Don't do it - you'll wait 3 months for something else that's a fresh order and you'll lose out on your already agreed p/x value by getting a lower one. The GTD is worth the wait! Has the stock GTI at Scotswood road Benfield gone yet? It'll give the same mpg as your Tiguan, could be worth a haggle, and it's white.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1267 on: 04 July 2013, 19:13 »
My confirmed bw26 was total bull.
When i chased my dealer earlier this week, expecting to talk about approx dates for delivery, all I got from them was that it is to be built anytime soon!
'Anytime soon' to vw could be months based on my experience so far
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1268 on: 04 July 2013, 19:27 »
My confirmed bw26 was total bull.
When i chased my dealer earlier this week, expecting to talk about approx dates for delivery, all I got from them was that it is to be built anytime soon!
'Anytime soon' to vw could be months based on my experience so far

Is your order sitting at bw confirmed just now and if so how long has been at that stage?

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1269 on: 04 July 2013, 20:21 »
Just to let you guys know I am unconfirmed Build Week 34 and just checked the Tracker at 20.20pm Thursday 04/07/13.  It is still showing processing order.  I will check it again after 8am tomorrow to see if it has changed as mentioned earlier in this thread.  If it goes as some of you expect on this thread I should see build week confirmed tomorrow?