Author Topic: GTD exhaust to GTI one  (Read 4032 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
GTD exhaust to GTI one
« on: 17 May 2014, 20:41 »
Although I like the GTD exhaust, I much prefer the wheelbarrow type of the GTI.
I came across this picture of a MK6 thats went from the twin to the split single type.
For those with the Sport and Sound pack that don't have a back box, surely this must be a relatively easy mod for a custom exhaust shop?

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
Re: GTD exhaust to GTI one
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2014, 15:23 »
Yes, pretty sure it's just a case of a new diffuser and some new steel mate! Remus actually make one already, although quad seems a step too far...  :whistle:

http://www.remus.eu/news/remus-produktinformation-34-2013/

I remembered this link from this thread which may have some more info:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=258207.0

Any update on your car's eta?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2014, 19:33 »
Cheers ffrank. Never realised there was another thread for the GTD exhaust and I thought I'd read everything  :rolleyes:

Car was built nearly 2 weeks ago and is sitting waiting on a boat. I see there is one in Port just now with another nearly there so hopefully with the 2 boats I might catch one  :grin:

Your cars looking great. I would never even have given blue a second thought but seen one online in the sun and it looked fantastic.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2014, 21:31 »
Lol, well between us both - I'm sure we have read everything!

My 'reading about the golf' time has now become, 'looking at my golf out the window' time.

Not too long for you now! All worth it, I can't wait to drive it next - and I don't see it wearing off anytime soon :)

Cheers, the blue is thanks to my Wife. I would have gone for a light colour like tungsten silver, but she said no :D I then changed to CSG but changed it to NB before the build week was confirmed - it actually reminds me of a drumkit I have fond memories of :)