Author Topic: LED lights  (Read 5658 times)

Offline dengiehammer

• Not said much yet
LED lights
« on: 24 February 2014, 15:32 »
Is it just me, or is it a little disappointing that when you have your lights on at night, the U LED's just blend in. When I see Audi's or any other car to think of it there LED's are still distinctive, even at night

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
Re: LED lights
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2014, 16:53 »
Is it because they dim when the headlights are switched on ?

If so, perhaps one of the VCDS guys could take a photo of one with the LED's on 100%.
Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2014, 18:34 »
They do dim down to 35% when sidelights or main beam are on. I'll get a photo of mine if you like as I've adjusted them to 100% brightness on all light settings.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2014, 18:43 »
Is it just me, or is it a little disappointing that when you have your lights on at night, the U LED's just blend in. When I see Audi's or any other car to think of it there LED's are still distinctive, even at night

Really not keen on the common "strip of fairy lights" LED look that a lot of the car manufacturers adopt, including Audi. The U shape is pretty distinctive.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dengiehammer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2014, 23:25 »
They do dim down to 35% when sidelights or main beam are on. I'll get a photo of mine if you like as I've adjusted them to 100% brightness on all light settings.

That would be great, how do you adjust the brightness?

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2014, 07:49 »

That would be great, how do you adjust the brightness?

You need to use a VCDS (VagCom) cable to recode the setting.

http://vcds.greg-roberts.com/view-entries/details/1/10

Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2014, 08:43 »

Id be very interested to see these photos. DRLs only then another with full lights on to see if the U shape is highly visible

Cheers
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2014, 10:37 »
yes please, photos would be great :) :) - need to top up photo examples on the wiki where possible!
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline GTD_777

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2014, 16:22 »
Any update on pictures? Would be interested too see what they look like.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2014, 17:49 »
I have one retrofitted with OEM leds they don't dim when main beam or dip is on, they stay at 100%. You can see the leds no bother.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.