Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 147521 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
This is exactly why i'm a fan of air ride. You can drive it normaly, the airlift kit can out handle coilovers for comfort and even on the track and then you can lay it on the floor.

Saves the under side of the car getting smashed on speed bumps.

This year I hope to get air when I can afford the setup. I'm working on a custom tank at the moment! :smiley:

Urs would look even more awesome on air m8.

And ur right blue!! I was just guna buy a good quality set of coilovers but to run a car at a super nice height they get so unpractical. With air and the covered install I have I can use it to go anywhere I want and load the boot up with a full tesco shop. -practical!!! At a show it get it on full drop lay frame and have the rears resting on the lip. -show.

The best of both worlds for a car that will be used for both daily and show next year n beyond. A expensive investment but I don't plan on selling this 1 for along time!!
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Well look why I've gone and bought

Yep vr6 highline.

So the plans. Im going to use this for spares for the brown mk3.

1st I'm going to use the black a,b+c trims and then trim the headlining.(will hunt for black grab handles and sunvisors). Next I will use the rear centre console and fit the leather door cards into the anni. Won't be using the seats as I love my recaros.
Exterior wise it will be a case of using parts that are better for when I respray the brown mk3. Smooth top front bumper and door trims will be better to paint than the originally textured 1s on the anni. They haven't been done that well. Boot spoiler will be used aswell.

Lastly of course the main reason for the purchase is that I will do a vr conversion. This won't be anytime soon but plan on making the lump and box as new as fresh as possible. New gaskets, seals, internals, pipes etc etc and plenty of fresh paint/ crackle powder coat!!!! Smooth bay aswell.... Maybe!! ;)

When the anni gets back I will start swapping bits over.

Until next time guys

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Well worth replacing the cam chains when you get the VR lump removed and stripped.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Your not wrong m8. I don't plan on doing the conversion anytime soon. The car was just cheap and local so couldn't say no. The vr lump won't be going in the anni until its as new as it was the day it was built!!!

Plenty more to do 1st next job I want to do is underseal the whole car(matts doing behind the fuel tank n in the arches while bits r off) replace all the bushes, brakes, brake lines, track rod ends etc etc and paint all the bits up black so I know the chassis and floor will last many, many years and then can concentrate on the way it looks and the engine bay.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Sweet, let the pillaging begin.  :smiley:

Offline brett

• I live here
nice little purchase off of the dubgen forum mate  :wink:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
nice little purchase off of the dubgen forum mate  :wink:

Oh yes!!  :smiley:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Nice purchase! I was wondering what you were gonna do about the colour coded anni bumpers lol! are the side trims on the Anni colour coded CL items? If/when you want rid of them, let me know as I need  a 3 door set to colour code :)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Nice purchase! I was wondering what you were gonna do about the colour coded anni bumpers lol! are the side trims on the Anni colour coded CL items? If/when you want rid of them, let me know as I need  a 3 door set to colour code :)

Cheers m8y

Yeah all the bits I don't use will be for sale including the 1s on the anni which r as u say colour coded cl items. When I paint the anni n remove them I will give u a shout m8.