Author Topic: GTD MPG Video  (Read 6264 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
GTD MPG Video
« on: 24 March 2012, 17:10 »
This is a video I made which demonstrates you can get 60odd miles per gallon from a standard GTD. Its sped up 300% as its a bit boring watching 40 minutes of trip computer.  I cycle the computer every so often and its my normal journey to work.  There is a glitch in the video (where two miles gets lost) as my Panasonic TZ20 only records for 30 mins at 1080p, although I couldn't upload as its like 4 gigs in size, its taken me ages to render it down to upload it to youtube.  Next time I will use a lower qaulity vid. Also need to remember to turn off the image stabiliser as when you go round corners it moves the lens and use something more stable than bluetack to stick it to the centre column. Notice aswell that the range started at 295 and ends at 290 with 28 miles inbetween.

Enjoy.

long verison 300% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKQ2PvMmhs

short one 900% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YzHy-nxLg
« Last Edit: 24 March 2012, 17:46 by ajmoir36 »
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ScottA

• I live here
Re: GTD MPG Video
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2012, 17:26 »
This is a video I made which demonstrates you can get 60odd miles per gallon from a standard GTD. Its sped up 300% as its a bit boring watching 40 minutes of trip computer.  I cycle the computer every so often and its my normal journey to work.  There is a glitch in the video (where two miles gets lost) as my Panasonic TZ20 only records for 30 mins at 1080p, although I couldn't upload as its like 4 gigs in size, its taken me ages to render it down to upload it to youtube.  Next time I will use a lower qaulity vid. Also need to remember to turn off the image stabiliser as when you go round corners it moves the lens and use something more stable than bluetack to stick it to the centre column.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKQ2PvMmhs

Could not you speed it up 3000% ? it's still a long video of watching a MFD lol but thanks for the effort all the same  :smiley:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2012, 17:29 »
This is a video I made which demonstrates you can get 60odd miles per gallon from a standard GTD. Its sped up 300% as its a bit boring watching 40 minutes of trip computer.  I cycle the computer every so often and its my normal journey to work.  There is a glitch in the video (where two miles gets lost) as my Panasonic TZ20 only records for 30 mins at 1080p, although I couldn't upload as its like 4 gigs in size, its taken me ages to render it down to upload it to youtube.  Next time I will use a lower qaulity vid. Also need to remember to turn off the image stabiliser as when you go round corners it moves the lens and use something more stable than bluetack to stick it to the centre column.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKQ2PvMmhs

Could not you speed it up 3000% ? it's still a long video of watching a MFD lol but thanks for the effort all the same  :smiley:

Lol, skip through all you like.

or due to customer complaints use the short one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YzHy-nxLg
« Last Edit: 24 March 2012, 17:39 by ajmoir36 »
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2012, 19:16 »
This is a video I made which demonstrates you can get 60odd miles per gallon from a standard GTD. Its sped up 300% as its a bit boring watching 40 minutes of trip computer.  I cycle the computer every so often and its my normal journey to work.  There is a glitch in the video (where two miles gets lost) as my Panasonic TZ20 only records for 30 mins at 1080p, although I couldn't upload as its like 4 gigs in size, its taken me ages to render it down to upload it to youtube.  Next time I will use a lower qaulity vid. Also need to remember to turn off the image stabiliser as when you go round corners it moves the lens and use something more stable than bluetack to stick it to the centre column. Notice aswell that the range started at 295 and ends at 290 with 28 miles inbetween.

Enjoy.

long verison 300% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKQ2PvMmhs

short one 900% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YzHy-nxLg

Good vid!

Was starting to think the so called 60+mpg was a mith  :grin:

Saying that tho, today was my first day to get over 50 and that is just town stop start driving....looking forward to a motorway journey!!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2012, 19:30 »
Driving at that steady 50-58 for that length of time I can totally understand that figure and amazed its not actually higher.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2012, 19:37 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2012, 19:39 »
8 degrees will do that.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2012, 19:43 »
Worse when colder too, my older PD TDI is not great when it gets cold outside infact its little different to the GTI on fuel when its hovering around freezing sadly. :cry:
« Last Edit: 24 March 2012, 20:23 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2012, 03:34 »
Same journey -15 degrees resulted about 46mpg.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2012, 12:46 »
Thoses videos show a 40mph average on cruise so you will get 60mpg plus it on instant mpg.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2012, 20:10 »
650 miles to the tank this week total.  :smug: