Author Topic: GTD Ordered  (Read 24295 times)

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
Re: GTD Ordered
« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2011, 09:59 »
You do get rear LED lights as standard now, though as snoopy says the ever so slightly lighter units.

If you can,  I would change your order to include the tyre indicator and also a rear view camera, so wish the camera was on the options list when I ordered mine.  Now looking at a retrofit as the rear visibility when reversing is woeful!

But even if you ignore all the extra advice after you've ordered...She'll be here in no time and you'll be happy.  Be nice to the dealer once every couple of weeks with a courtesy call to track your order progress.  In my humble it makes the whole process work well.

61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 October 2011, 10:07 »
You do get rear LED lights as standard now, though as snoopy says the ever so slightly lighter units.

If you can,  I would change your order to include the tyre indicator and also a rear view camera, so wish the camera was on the options list when I ordered mine.  Now looking at a retrofit as the rear visibility when reversing is woeful!

But even if you ignore all the extra advice after you've ordered...She'll be here in no time and you'll be happy.  Be nice to the dealer once every couple of weeks with a courtesy call to track your order progress.  In my humble it makes the whole process work well.

Thanks Mr_F. I have now added the flat tyre indicator to my order.

As for the dealer, I have bought 7 VWs from them over the past 12 years. I am on first name terms with my salesman and the sales manager  :smiley: Therefore I don't foresee any problems from the dealer. Its all down to VW now
2012 MY Golf GTD. Tornado Red, 18" Charlestons, ACC, Xenons, RCD510+DAB, Winter pack

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2011, 18:27 »
Andywell;

'Scuse me buttin in; but as others have said I'd really recommend adding the reversing camera to your car as it's such a bargain at the options price. I had to retrofit it (well, Steve P did) and although he did me a good price and great service - it's still lots more than from factory. It's a really useful addition; not just a gimmic.

just my tuppenth worth though  :smiley:
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2011, 18:36 »
But if he wants DAB radio he cannot have the camera,
I would recomend parking sensors or the luxury pack just so you get the dipping passenger mirror when reversing to save your alloys as the golfs wider than most people think.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 24 October 2011, 19:39 »
I would recomend parking sensors

Oh I forgot to mension, I wish I had ordered these after driving it for a while not so much for the back but the bonnet drops of quite sharply so you have to guestimate.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2011, 20:30 »

:embarassed: Ah; yeah. Hadn't noticed need for DAB.

ALSO; ANdy - Lux packa good move - wish I could retrofit teh mirror drop, but don;t think it's feasible / cost effective.

I would recomend parking sensors or the luxury pack just so you get the dipping passenger mirror when reversing to save your alloys as the golfs wider than most people think.
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 25 October 2011, 18:42 »

:embarassed: Ah; yeah. Hadn't noticed need for DAB.

ALSO; ANdy - Lux packa good move - wish I could retrofit teh mirror drop, but don;t think it's feasible / cost effective.

Could be wrong but I'm sure I read this was purely software driven and can be activated with VAG.COM?  I have it and it is a great addition in helping to keep the alloys good.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #17 on: 25 October 2011, 23:46 »
Sadly not a vagcom mod as you need extra wiring and sensors in the pass mirror  :sad:

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 26 October 2011, 07:25 »
I have now added flat tyre indicator and luxury pack to my spec. Not bothering with the reversing camera as I tend to avoid parking in tight spaces or near other cars if I can avoid it
2012 MY Golf GTD. Tornado Red, 18" Charlestons, ACC, Xenons, RCD510+DAB, Winter pack

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 26 October 2011, 08:41 »
I have now added flat tyre indicator and luxury pack to my spec. Not bothering with the reversing camera as I tend to avoid parking in tight spaces or near other cars if I can avoid it

Welcome to the world of the big black abyss!

Have you got the "supposed" delivery date etched up on the bed post yet?
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.