Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789214 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5230 on: 01 September 2016, 23:20 »
I have just read what happened to you Booth and I can not imagine how you must feel towards that driver  :sick:, I wouldn’t have thought he or she have insurance either. Well I hope your luck changes as you have had your fair share of bad luck, if you do fancy cleaning another black [Gti Though] feel free, I have never seen such a shiny black as yours and to be honest it makes what happened even worse..good luck.

Oh noooooo Sorry to hear this Booth, must be so upsetting to see your pride and joy like this, was always looking mint in all the pictures i have seen, which goes to show how much you look after it.

Fingers crossed it can get sorted quickly for you.

Thanks guys.  :smiley:  Yes, the rogue transit driver is not on my Christmas card list.  :angry:

Watch this space, my R will be back and shinier than ever!  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #5231 on: 02 September 2016, 07:29 »
Wife confessed she had scraped a front wheel so went and had a look, she managed to scape the back one also. :sick:

Thought I was doing well to get to nearly 2.5 years with out damaging them.

Probably going to bite the bullet now and change all the tyres away from the bridge stones as the fronts are nearly done. :sad:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5232 on: 02 September 2016, 09:12 »
Wife confessed she had scraped a front wheel so went and had a look, she managed to scape the back one also. :sick:

Thought I was doing well to get to nearly 2.5 years with out damaging them.

Probably going to bite the bullet now and change all the tyres away from the bridge stones as the fronts are nearly done. :sad:

:cry:  Feel for you. 2.5 years without a scrape on the wheels is great going though.  Get wheels sorted and a good set of tyres on.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5233 on: 02 September 2016, 10:10 »
Just noticed on the configurator that standard black paint is no longer available on the GTI/D, only DBP and that pure white is now a no-cost option?

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5234 on: 02 September 2016, 10:27 »
Just noticed on the configurator that standard black paint is no longer available on the GTI/D, only DBP and that pure white is now a no-cost option?

I must say imo standard black paint was terrible looking anyway.

Interesting pure white is a no cost option again.

Presumably TR non -metallic paint is the extra money earner now for VW.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5235 on: 02 September 2016, 10:40 »

I must say imo standard black paint was terrible looking anyway.

Interesting pure white is a no cost option again.

Presumably TR non -metallic paint is the extra money earner now for VW.

If the standard black is anything like Audi brilliant black, which I've had in the past, then it looks fantastic when clean/detailed but picks up every little scratch and scuff.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5236 on: 02 September 2016, 10:46 »
Standard / flat black will scratch if you stare at it.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5237 on: 02 September 2016, 13:04 »
Standard / flat black will scratch if you stare at it.

Lol, so true. My mate had a mk7 flat black GTD and I swear I could see swirls forming before my eyes when I looked at it. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5238 on: 02 September 2016, 13:04 »
Bit of an update on my recent hit and run damage.

Bodyshop has done the estimate and given to insurer.  So far £3.5k worth of damage (could rise).  Main work required:

Repair quarter panel
New bumper and brackets
New vent panel (behind bumper)
New sill mouldings
Pretoria wheel refurb (at Lepsons)
Hunter 4 wheel alignment
Paint

Once insurer has accepted quote - should be around 2 weeks to get it all done and back on the road.

Too late for this but decided front and rear dash cams are now a necessity.  Still researching but on list so far are Blackvue 650S 2CH and Thinkaware F770.  Leaning towards Blackvue at moment but still looking into.  Any useful info from anyone with these cams would be very gratefully received (incl any in car pics) or any other suggestions.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 02 September 2016, 13:08 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #5239 on: 02 September 2016, 13:18 »
Hi Bec's

It might be worth starting a new thread on this as it will be interesting to read and not get lost in this thread, again good luck.
gti pp manual white 5 door