Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
Dilemma
« on: 09 June 2014, 21:39 »
Advice please  - don't hold any punches!

Been told that my car has been built and I could have it by the end of the month/early July which is surprising considering the expected lead time.  We were planning to take delivery in September (64) however it will be registered with my personal plate.

Driving off the forecourt aside, is this going to have an impact on residuals i.e. a late 14 plate instead of a 64 plate and if so how much of a financial penalty is 2 months going to have - couple of hundred quid?  Would a 64 plate have that much of a premium over a 14?  I read the nightmare that Mr  Zen has been having with the gearbox on his GTI and that they had registered his car as a 63 instead of a 14 plate - they offered him £500 compensation.

What would you do?
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2014, 23:16 »
Take the car now and dont worry about a few hundred quid of residuals in a few years time.

Theres nothing here which would indicate you would be entitled to any compensation
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2014, 00:16 »
My bad - but the reference to mr zen isn't about me claiming compensation but is it the value the dealer places on the difference in the registration?
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2014, 20:43 »
I would have a chat with the dealer, they may be keen to get June or July registrations as they are quieter months than Sept would be. Might help them with targets and they may offer you some incentive for taking the car early. A few hundred quid would be in order and would cover any likely reduction in residual for when you sell.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias