Author Topic: Golf GTI Turbo  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Dwabo

• Just got here
Golf GTI Turbo
« on: 08 October 2003, 10:36 »
Hi,

Iv just put a deposit down on a 99 Golf GTi 1.8T.  Im going for a final look at it this week.  
Has anyone got any tips what to look for?  Its in looks mint condition and has only done 50,000 miles.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Key

• Just got here
Re:Golf GTI Turbo
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2003, 12:11 »
bought my GTi turbo ('99 with 52k on clock) about 3 months ago and all I can comment on is the quality of the paintwork, very very easy to mark, scratch etc.

Apart from that I had a few niggly squeaks and creaks from the interior fittings and the other problem with the battery  that was tripping out the computer every time I started it, but since a new battery I haven't had any bother.

Oh aye, and the little charva's in their Saxo's who try and race you at any given time .. of course I'm only too happy to oblige, bit of a license loser really

Offline papperbear

• GTI forum regular
  • Ding Dang Doo ...!
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2003, 11:48 »
Dwabo,

Let me know how you get on.  I'm going to look at a 1.8 T GTI over the next couple of days so I could do with a heads up as its my first VW.

Cheers,

Steve

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2003, 14:33 »
Hey..
Bought my first gti turbo  last year with 16k on the clock.(july2000).
Apart from the squeaks and rattles,rear speakers gone,drivers window falling into door bay,dump valve commiting suicide,computer warning me to switch off engine off every morning?????? I'm totally stoked with it  ;D.

Maybe you should pay for an RAC inspection!..
The window falling into the door bay is a factory fault on ALL golfs according to my dealer.Instead of recall they wait till u go in.I enquired about a new golf,would it happen and he said YES..VWHQ(uk) says it does,nt warrent a recall too.
Still I love it, my last motor was a 4.0 Jeep wrangler that was fun but this rocks.
Have fun......

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP