Author Topic: Enough  (Read 19837 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Enough
« on: 03 July 2011, 11:31 »
Took the car out to the get myself a hair cut yesterday, which was only a 10min journey. Noticed a reoccurance of the yellow light that resembles a engine on the dash. Looked it up as a exhaust management fault. Parked up... came back to the car 30mins later and it wouldnt start.

RAC called... they couldnt start it either. The car was towed back to and now rests with VW!

sh!t car, sh!t engine, sh!t service... and the last new VW i will ever buy :angry:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Enough
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2011, 11:35 »
Took the car out to the get myself a hair cut yesterday, which was only a 10min journey. Noticed a reoccurance of the yellow light that resembles a engine on the dash. Looked it up as a exhaust management fault. Parked up... came back to the car 30mins later and it wouldnt start.
RAC called... they couldnt start it either. The car was towed back to and now rests with VW!
sh!t car, sh!t engine, sh!t service... and the last new VW i will ever buy :angry:

Temper, temper!
I'll send you one of these:

So sorry to hear this, but you did abuse her for ever and ever ......  :shocked:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2011, 11:38 »
if you call driving a gti like it is supposed to be driven.. then yes i did.

as i was being towed a mk3 drove past me.... that was the final straw. I wont ever be getting a mk6 again

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2011, 11:40 »
sorry to hear this but

as i was being towed a mk3 drove past me.... that was the final straw. I wont ever be getting a mk6 again

this has cheered me up no end, and even brought a lickle smile to my face  :smiley:

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2011, 11:40 »

You say recurrence of the engine warning light, does that mean it's been on before but you ignored it or did nothing about it?
I can understand why you're upset but your final rant about how sh!t the car is etc is OTT and not correct for the vast majority of owners.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2011, 11:42 »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2011, 11:44 »

You say recurrence of the engine warning light, does that mean it's been on before but you ignored it or did nothing about it?
I can understand why you're upset but your final rant about how sh!t the car is etc is OTT and not correct for the vast majority of owners.

the light has been on twice before and has taken VW 3 attempts to sort it. each time it has been in the garage and i have been given a sh!tty little fox to drive round in. With yesterday being saturday they couldnt even provide me with a car.

I stand by my original statement.... as the RAC man said "VW's currently have ALOT of issues with their cars"  :rolleyes:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2011, 11:46 »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2011, 11:47 »
Try dumping an extra 50-60 bhp through the standard internals and gearbox of a mk3 and see what happens after a short time!

Mind you, and extra 50-60 bhp was all that the mk3 needed! :grin:
Oh, and some decent shock absorbers, metal that didn't come out of a cheesegrater and styling that lacked any style.......

Well Gilly, at least when the old girl goes back to the lease company you won't be wiping any tears of regret from your eyes!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2011, 11:50 »
Very true Exo!!

I feel sorry for the next owner... the car has always had issues, be it the wobbly wheel VW sold it with or issues with the engine. Good point made by the mechanic though. Why do americans refuse to give up their V8's, V10's, and V12's.... for little screamers as they call them  :lipsrsealed: