Author Topic: Sams Scruffy Mk3!  (Read 99240 times)

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
Re: Sams Scruffy Mk3 CL!
« Reply #30 on: 15 September 2010, 15:44 »
I got it taxed and insured today and took it for its first proper drive, didnt get round to sorting the radio

It drives pretty nice, just a few things that are bugging me that i need to look at...

clutch feels a bit stiff but hopefully thats just the pedal/cable and not the clutch itself so i will have a look at that

no rev counter is rather annoying - need to look at putting one in

no power steering is also annoying at times - not sure wether i can put it on or not and wether it would be worth it

I need to sort out my gear stick problem, explained here:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=166633.0

and no radio!!! heres a couple of pics, 1st pic is the alpine radio and the adapter i have for it, i think i need one thats alpine to VAG fitting
second pic is the mess of bullets and adapters from the previous owner, they were all fitted when i got it

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #31 on: 15 September 2010, 16:07 »
looks like there's enough there for 4 stereos.... are the original wires still in all that mess at the back of it all.   if so, cant you just chop the rest of that sh*t out

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #32 on: 15 September 2010, 17:33 »
looks like there's enough there for 4 stereos.... are the original wires still in all that mess at the back of it all.   if so, cant you just chop the rest of that sh*t out

+1 my old 1.4 looked like that so I worked out which wires were original and required, chopped all of the others out and rewired the plugs  :smiley:

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 15 September 2010, 17:37 »
it looks like the original wires have had bullets put on and then they have fitted the original connectors back on after the bullets, i think the brown and black plugs in the picture are the originals, someone with a non screwed up mk3 might be able to help with that one  :grin:

edit: i think im going to get some more bullet connectors and just put new ones on all the wires, the alpine HU has bullets off the adapter so i just need to work out what wire goes to where then

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #34 on: 15 September 2010, 18:33 »
dont cut anything out yet it looks like its all there ready all you need to do is buy this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-16-PIN-WHITE-RELACEMENT-ISO-WIRING-LOOM-x1-NEW-/280543283330?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item4151aec882

and your sorted i just done the same for my mate in her mk4 bought a jvc to iso wiring plug off ebay came with in a day and works fine  :smiley:

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 15 September 2010, 18:37 »
dont cut anything out yet it looks like its all there ready all you need to do is buy this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-16-PIN-WHITE-RELACEMENT-ISO-WIRING-LOOM-x1-NEW-/280543283330?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item4151aec882

and your sorted i just done the same for my mate in her mk4 bought a jvc to iso wiring plug off ebay came with in a day and works fine  :smiley:

awesome, bought one, cant go wrong at that price :cool:  cheers

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #36 on: 15 September 2010, 19:57 »
all you need to do mate is put it all back in ... put the head unit in and forget you ever saw it  :laugh:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #37 on: 15 September 2010, 20:38 »
all you need to do mate is put it all back in ... put the head unit in and forget you ever saw it  :laugh:
there is also that option i suppose!   :grin:

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #38 on: 15 September 2010, 20:42 »
dubsport  :laugh: :grin: i like this but seriously sammy that plug will sort it all out you will have tunes on friday once it arrives :D oh and good project if i was you id get it slammed on coils nice big fat five spokes or new aero ronnel turbos vr6 splitter tint the windows (properly) keep it white looks good i got a 5 door gti 8v im breaking if you need any little bits aswell keep it going  :smiley:

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 16 September 2010, 00:02 »
oohh i got lots planned :p i need to get it looking decent to start off with though, i would make a lovely long list like SoundillusioN  has in his thread but im not that organised and would miss half of it off anyway :grin:

first thing will be a set of coilovers and a VR6 splitter for extra lows if i find one cheap, need my astra to sell before i can afford them though, my dream wheels would be a set of deep dish Borbet A's, ronal turbos and ATS cups would also be acceptable lol... im on a student budget though so anything that expensive is quite a way off