Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288021 times)

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3250 on: 15 April 2012, 10:25 »
Not sure whether it was a snub or not but Martin Brundle while'st on the pit lane saw DC and tried to say hi but DC just walked straight past him....Is DC bitter or am I reading to much into it!

I doubt it. Brundle is DC's manager.  He got him his TV gig in the first place.

Brundle was out of contract, DC wasn't, hence he's still at BBC.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3251 on: 15 April 2012, 11:02 »
vettel got owned, 3 times  :grin: :laugh:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #3252 on: 15 April 2012, 12:35 »
Enjoyed that race. I like LH's approach to getting max points out of the races this year. I'm sure the wins will come for him.

Its amazing how close the cars are in general this year. No one seemed to really pull away this race. Like that a lot so this year should be a cracker.

Well done Rosberg, nice to have another Gprix winner!

Great race as wll JB.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3253 on: 15 April 2012, 12:38 »
Great to see someone else on the top step, well done Nico! Great final 10 laps in that race. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3254 on: 15 April 2012, 15:00 »
Not sure whether it was a snub or not but Martin Brundle while'st on the pit lane saw DC and tried to say hi but DC just walked straight past him....Is DC bitter or am I reading to much into it!

I doubt it. Brundle is DC's manager.  He got him his TV gig in the first place.

Brundle was out of contract, DC wasn't, hence he's still at BBC.

Ah! A few facts I didn't know there so thanks The Mighty Elvi :wink:

Personally I didn't read to much into it but wanted to know what others thort of it...when Brundle was at the BBC DC, Humphrey's , EJ all got on really well and made the F1 programme much more enjoyable to watch...so genuinely didn't think to much of it...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3255 on: 15 April 2012, 15:03 »
Was the only one who had to really try hard to understand that Irish commentator who took over Ted K' job? I think someone mentioned it before but I have only just realised how thick his accent is! :grin:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3256 on: 15 April 2012, 15:21 »
Was the only one who had to really try hard to understand that Irish commentator who took over Ted K' job? I think someone mentioned it before but I have only just realised how thick his accent is! :grin:

:laugh: I thort that too so turned over to sky and heard Ted Kravitz and all was good again, few!!! :laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3257 on: 15 April 2012, 15:55 »

:laugh: I thort that too so turned over to sky and heard Ted Kravitz and all was good again, few!!! :laugh:

He really is the wink link at the moment for the BBC team. Yes he is very knowledgeably, but he really is miles and miles behind Ted in terms of how he comes across on TV.
I really miss Ted from the BBC coverage, shame they could not keep him. 

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3258 on: 15 April 2012, 16:47 »
That was the first race I have watched from start to finish for a long time, really enjoyed it plus was nice to see Nico get his 1st win, going to be an interesting season.

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3259 on: 15 April 2012, 22:30 »

He really is the wink link at the moment for the BBC team. Yes he is very knowledgeably, but he really is miles and miles behind Ted in terms of how he comes across on TV.
I really miss Ted from the BBC coverage, shame they could not keep him. 

At least you can take solice in the fact that Lee McKenzie's still in it mate

Eddy's quite sexy too  :grin: