Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 792763 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #120 on: 20 October 2013, 17:55 »
Norbreck, what software are you using with your car. I didn't get the Battery channel, but managed to find the battery display under "No voltage". Just wondered if we were using different software.

Doug, VCDS 12.12.0
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #121 on: 20 October 2013, 17:56 »
Is there a way to activate the second LED from the bixenon, like is in the Golf R? Or it's a different hardware?

Different light units I'm afraid.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
« Reply #122 on: 20 October 2013, 21:04 »
Might have to wait for next issue then, you sure you don't get a pop up box?

Another vcds change that might already be standard On Gtis but I know it's something that needs activating on other models, but do the wingmirrors drop when you put it in reverse?
The pop-up box is there but VCDS gives no clues as to what actual code is required, for confirming a change in the adaption channel of the ABS module.

Gives no clue? When you go to put in the security code a separate window or balloon should pop up with the code. If you click in the line where you enter the code, does nothing pop up, like when you hover over something a description comes up?
Checked again tonight - No clues and no pop up balloon when you hover over the box for the security code so I guess a job for Ross Tech.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #123 on: 20 October 2013, 21:10 »

Doug, VCDS 12.12.0

Very strange. So am I, but when trying to code the driver's door module, which has the same part number as yours, I get a totally different screen in the long coding helper without all the descriptions. The coding is similar but not the same. I think it is time to do some measurement blocks and send the whole lots to Ross-Tech Support, as there are a lot of label files missing. Got to do our bit for software development...  :wink:
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 20 October 2013, 22:23 »
Ah Doug, mine did that as well, no labels at all in the long code helper. I went back over to motor talk.de and asked the guys over there. Turns out the a German VCDS dealers have already translated a number of the long codes, and what was in the photo was a snap shot from the German Language VCDS (still 12.12.0), that I downloaded from VCDSpro.de. Sure enough a lot (but not all) of the long codes have labels that are missing from the English language version of the software. Very strange that they translated a number of them into English rather than German ?

In any case, the bits and bytes are the same.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 21 October 2013, 11:56 »
All credit for this tweak goes to the boys at Stemei.de. - all their own work.

To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to a) prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and b) to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)
5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)
6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).
7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #126 on: 22 October 2013, 10:26 »
Another consolidation..... sadly I cannot paste the pics onto here ...  :sick:

MK7 tweaks :-
1. Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Select [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2. [09] Central Electronics Menus is password locked
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347.

3. Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go to [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4. Setting Fog as Coming/Leaving Home
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5. Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge (it's condition on mine was set to "TBD") > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6. Automatic rain closing
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set  to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7. Alarm beep on lock / unlock
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8. Gauge sweep
Go to [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9. Turn Signal adjustment
Go into [09] Central electronic
Go into Adaptation
Select (2) - Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien
Type 5 in New Value (Default is 3) 

10. Puddle lights on while folding/unfolding
Go into [42] Door control module
Coding Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

11.  XDS Adaptation
Go into [03] ABS
Go into Adaptation & select “Expanded electronic differential lock” 
New value to select > “Standard”, “Not activated”, “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong”

12. Headlight washer frequency
To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to:- 
a) prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and
b) to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)
5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)
6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).
7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #127 on: 22 October 2013, 21:30 »
Does anyone in the west London area have VCDS software etc. and the means to apply these tweaks to my car, for a fee of course

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #128 on: 22 October 2013, 21:35 »
Yes, in London and happy to help - but you need to come around to the east side of the North Circular I'm at the bottom of the M11 A12 A406 junction
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #129 on: 23 October 2013, 14:47 »
Hi same offer, anybody around the midlands or even near Manchester or around Bristol....would like the tweets and will reward ££
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!