Author Topic: Edition 35 is here!  (Read 50637 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Edition 35 is here!
« Reply #20 on: 02 September 2011, 17:26 »
Now, now, boys and girls, ladies and gentleman, whores and pimps, let me be the peacemaker or screw it up even more.

I am lying on my 5 star hotel couch in Paris with both a sun stroke and excessive enjoyment exhaustion and as an outsider looking in, I feel my pussycat friend Amanda has uncharacteristically over reacted to my gentleman friend Geoff.

When I get back to shoddy Britain, I will simply have to take this fumbling forum in hand together with my partner Andy's help and sort it out.

And if you lot don't like this, you can lump it!

Must rise from my luxury couch now and dress for dinner and dames. It's such a hard life especially driving a Red Boxter in The City of Light. I hope you lot feel sorry for me.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2011, 18:03 »
Asker, you poor poor thing, having to suffer all that luxury. I'm sat here with the headache from hell and even now my eyes are welling up at the thought of your plight in gay Paree.

Amanda, I'm sure it was the shock of the fantastic value a new Golf offers that caused your momentary outburst. There's no need to sit in the dark, stay and post away with us fellow forum sufferers, Geoff meant no harm.
And Geoff's point about general car prices is an unfortunate truth too (he's not defending the price of a Golf in any way), my good friend Jonathan is a manager at a car leasing and rental company and he keeps my feet grounded when I explode at every cost increase VW treat the Golf to.
Gone, it seems, are the days of Ford and the French manufacturers mass producing and stockpiling the cars at the docks then selling them off for 50p each. Even a pig ugly Focus now costs silly money. Our only way out of this vicious circle is to stop buying new cars for a while so the costs have to come down, but alas keeping up with the Jonses is a typical human reaction and we'll continue to be our own worst enemies as consumers. Amen.

Oh, and thanks Lee for posting this up, we always appreciate your little 'scoops'.  :smiley:
On the face of it the ED35 doesn't fare that badly when compared with a 210PS GTI of similar spec. Shame it has swollen glands and poor fuel consumption. Maybe it'll grow on me.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MEZZA22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 02 September 2011, 18:58 »
So let me get this right,if you want Dynaudio and DAB -tough, you cant have it !! - whereas before you just had to specify the RCD510 to
get Dynaudio,now to get Dynaudio you have to specify the RNS510 but this is not compatible with DAB -Crazy !! -(this applies to the standard
GTi also),even if you weren't bothered with DAB,you now have to spend £2065 on the RNS510 just so you can get Dynaudio,(with the 6disc changer -£1770 without)
Makes the Scirocco even more of a bargain now as the RCD510/Dynaudio package is only £435 plus ACC is standard,and the 210ps GT model
is £1100 cheaper than a standard 3 door manual GTi

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #23 on: 02 September 2011, 19:17 »
So let me get this right,if you want Dynaudio and DAB -tough, you cant have it !! - whereas before you just had to specify the RCD510 to
get Dynaudio,now to get Dynaudio you have to specify the RNS510 but this is not compatible with DAB -Crazy !! -(this applies to the standard
GTi also),even if you weren't bothered with DAB,you now have to spend £2065 on the RNS510 just so you can get Dynaudio,(with the 6disc changer -£1770 without)
Makes the Scirocco even more of a bargain now as the RCD510/Dynaudio package is only £435 plus ACC is standard,and the 210ps GT model
is £1100 cheaper than a standard 3 door manual GTi
Scirocco looks like a bag of spanners from the back though  :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 03 September 2011, 08:27 »
Black Pearl paint with the 19" black alloys looks good I think! Its growing on me, but not enough changes from the GTI to justifiy the dosh?  :rolleyes:

APR Stage 2+

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #25 on: 03 September 2011, 08:43 »
Some special edition paint colours wouldn't have gone a miss.

The ED35 would have looked fantastic in the Sunset Red metallic you get the cabriolet in with the black 19" alloys. I'm sure I saw a pic somewhere of this when they previewed the ED35 at an exhibition.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 03 September 2011, 12:50 »
http://www.eurocarnews.com/media/pictorials/1356/6258-web.jpg

Found this, but couldn't find any of the Ed 35 this colour.
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 03 September 2011, 13:23 »
Won't be getting rid of the ED30.
Candy White ED35.

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 03 September 2011, 18:30 »
Some special edition paint colours wouldn't have gone a miss.The ED35 would have looked fantastic in the Sunset Red metallic you get the cabriolet in with the black 19" alloys. I'm sure I saw a pic somewhere of this when they previewed the ED35 at an exhibition.

+1

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #29 on: 03 September 2011, 19:44 »
Shame its not available in that colour. VW did the same with the scirroco showing it in that colour.
They shoot themselfs in the foot everytime.
I would have loved a mk6 GTI in metallic red.
The wheels are growing on me.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2011, 19:46 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.