Author Topic: Dan's Audi A3 8V3 2.0TDI 150BHP S-Line  (Read 40509 times)

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
Dan's Audi A3 8V3 2.0TDI 150BHP S-Line
« on: 20 February 2011, 23:49 »
Right,

Picked the Golf up on Friday night, all shiny and clean :) Garage did a real nice job of cleaning her up.
So this is the start of my progress thread, there have been a few ideas in the pipeline, one would be standard bumpers with the Votex kit on, then decided I wanted GTD bumpers but have now settled on this, Front 'R' bumper, 'R' sideskirts, GTI spoiler and GTI rear bumper or standard bumper with Votex lip. The main reason I don't want the full 'R' kit is, my car is a diesel, and I respect that, I don't want two big, chrome tailpipes stuck out the back, in the middle and for me to start it up, and sound like a tractor. Plus I don't have front foglights anyway, so I could just wire the DRL's to a switch or to the existing DRL's.

This is how she stands at the minute. I get a day off tomorrow so that will see, the rear being de-badged, my H7R Hids being fitted and also possibly rear OEM tints.
I'm a big believer in giving back what you receive, so, due to all the help I've had, I will post an in-depth guide on how to wire and fit the HIDS with photos. I've received a lot of help and support ever since joining this forum and have you all to thank for it.
I have posted already what the mods are to be done, and I'm not saying they will get done quickly, but my main ones are the wheels, instead of going for the Vancouvers like originally planned, I'll be going for the 19" 'R' wheels to suit the overall look I'm aiming for. I don't want to make my car look like some 'wonna be' but something that will stand out from the crowd, a little like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2009-VW-MK6-Golf-R-TSI-Replica-GTI-R20-R32-Conversion-/140514595012?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20b75290c4#ht_3994wt_1141

That, to me, resembles the exact modified car I'm aiming for.
I will update this thread with pictures and any small or large mod I do over time. I want to get the exterior done first and then focus on the interior which some of my mods will require help from others and VCDS (Doc :P)
Thanks for reading, and the support guys!
« Last Edit: 26 August 2013, 15:42 by DRC »
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: DRC's Golf 2.0TDI
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2011, 23:55 »
Car looks great in sexy black  :wink:

I was searching for a set of those wheels for our works caddy for ages, ended up settling for sport line caddy wheels  :rolleyes:

If you need help tomorrow just shout as I'll be about in work all day.

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2011, 00:00 »
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline jamojdm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2011, 04:58 »
WOW
Now your putting ideas in my head for my GT TSi :evil: But should look pretty sweet when done.

If only VWUK allowed us to spec the R-Line package like you can order in Germany!  :rolleyes:
Heres mine as it stands - so far only mod is adding RNS510

GT TSi, Deep Black, Convienience Pack, 2 Zone Climate Control, RNS510 - Looking to add Bluetooth

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2011, 11:35 »
Some good ideas there DRC.

Be very careful re insurance though. Declare everything - it's not worth it otherwise.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2011, 12:27 »
GTD bumbers and grille have been asked about on http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14461 its a pitty you can't get ETKA working.

If you want just chrome tails pipes on the standard system they do them.

Oh we do have a TDI section on here?  :wink:
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2011, 12:35 »
Keith, can you actually buy the chrome tailpipes from VW on there own?
I was affraid I was gonna have to buy a new system, or even worse, Halfords tailpipe trims :(

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2011, 13:19 »
Well, HIDS were fitted, cut and scraped hands etc, turned them on with the ignition and worked fine, looked pretty sweet :) then with the engine on, the rightside keeps going out. Tried the bulb error cancellors and nothing? No idea how I'll get round but either way, my car is going in tomorrow to have the clutch looked at and it's oil sprung an oil leak :( Not giving much faith so far!

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2011, 13:24 »
Well, HIDS were fitted, cut and scraped hands etc, turned them on with the ignition and worked fine, looked pretty sweet :) then with the engine on, the rightside keeps going out. Tried the bulb error cancellors and nothing? No idea how I'll get round but either way, my car is going in tomorrow to have the clutch looked at and it's oil sprung an oil leak :( Not giving much faith so far!

Your car looks sweet.
Danny, you are quite a speedy modder. How you've got so much courage simply astonishes me. Oh, the joys and energy of youth. Distant memories. :sad:
Best of luck tomorrow at the dealers.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2011, 13:51 »
Front 'R' bumper, 'R' sideskirts, GTI spoiler and GTI rear bumper or standard bumper with Votex lip. The main reason I don't want the full 'R' kit is, my car is a diesel, and I respect that, I don't want two big, chrome tailpipes stuck out the back, in the middle and for me to start it up, and sound like a tractor.

VW do an R-line rear bumper which is the same as the R, except the diffuser fits the standard exhaust. Pic here
Golf R