Author Topic: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc  (Read 109612 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc
« Reply #350 on: 27 July 2012, 15:17 »
Well if you want to off load any mods :wink:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #351 on: 27 July 2012, 18:17 »
my car hasn't moved in about 2 weeks now. just can't be arsed for it any more. cleaned it after the last drive and put it away and not looked at it since. i might bin it soon. :undecided:
Do sort of know how you feel. Mines been like that since ~20th March  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 27 July 2012, 18:25 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #352 on: 28 February 2013, 15:51 »
yesterday i went for a 200 mile blast round some of northumberlands finest roads. a great drive again let down by rattles and interior squeaks and creaks.

well today i decided to tackle a rattle in the passenger front door when music is playing - doorcard off, music played and it seems to be coming from the electric window motor

motor removed, wrapped in felt tape and refitted, all 6 plugs backed with felt tape

door card refitted and it seems ALOT better (touch wood)

i have had creaks and groans etc from the passenger side since new. the b pillar squeak i think i may have cured by peeling the rubber back and squirting a load of rubber detailer in there

now by pushing on the panel it no longer sqeaks so im hoping it may have resolved it.

i wonder if the front seat are squeak is a similar thing actually coming from the door/dash area.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #353 on: 28 February 2013, 18:29 »
Don't think your passenger door could be any worse than mine when I showed you it.
Dealer failed twice to fix it.
One day your going to have to show me how to dismantle this car and what to use to try and fix the rattles.
  :wink:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #354 on: 18 March 2013, 14:23 »
the worst rattle I've got is from the drivers side B pillar that I need to look at

Had this problem with mine. Turned out to be the door catch that required adjustment and loads of white grease into the mechanism to take out the play. Dealer fix. Not sure how long the grease will stop the rattles though!!
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.