Author Topic: Golf Gti is getting LED back lights  (Read 100907 times)

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: Golf Gti is getting LED back lights
« Reply #20 on: 07 October 2009, 20:29 »
do any of you guys think there is any mileage in persuing the argument that (if these lights turn out to be standard in the UK) these should be retrofitted for free/discount by our various dealers?  I personally don't mind car companies changing/tweaking cars after a year or two but to change the lights so massively after only 6 months is a right con job, particuarlly as i've only had mine a month and some people haven't even got theirs yet but as soon as they take delivery the next batch will have different and better lights - most irritating.

Definately worth persuing mate. At the worst they are only gonna say no, and you'll then know for sure. As you have spent a good bit of cash on the car already, they may offer a discount for when they do become available.

On the basis of 'you don't ask, you don't get' yeah why not.

On the basis of commercial reality I fear you will be told to go forth ...
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline mrjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 07 October 2009, 20:58 »
IMO the LED's looks better...and make the car look more Sporty and Hi tech! but is not the end of the world if I don't get them

Offline DDRFan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 07 October 2009, 21:56 »
I'm sure Apple did something like this with something called an iPod or iPhone or something  :tongue:
happens with all kinds of stuff, i.e. a company will release a product, then whilst people are still buying the old ones, bring out the new one then making people who bought the old one yesterday feel effing shafted. having said that with a car, due to the expense involved you would be especially peed off

tbh I doubt very much you will get these lights standard - VW isn't exactly a company known for it's 'value for money' is it? i reckon any way they can encourage you to spend more money they will go for.

however it would be a nice surprise and a very welcome one if they did for people still waiting for a new car.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 07 October 2009, 21:59 »
i think i'll have a go when they are available in the UK.  but like you all say i reckon the answer will be no  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 October 2009, 00:01 »
It'll still look like a 17 year old's Saxo with these lights!!!!

Naff, naff, naff.

How many times have you thought the A4 driver in your rear view mirror with those Christma Tree lights in his headlights loooks a co*k? Exactly!!! It's the same principle.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #25 on: 08 October 2009, 07:23 »
How many times have you thought the A4 driver in your rear view mirror with those Christma Tree lights in his headlights loooks a co*k? Exactly!!! It's the same principle.

That's a good point actually. LED lights are like drugs/alcohol/tobacco, etc: you know you shouldn't but you just can't help wanting them :grin:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #26 on: 08 October 2009, 08:01 »

That's a good point actually. LED lights are like drugs/alcohol/tobacco, etc: you know you shouldn't but you just can't help wanting them :grin:

I'm gonna get called a cock anyway for having xenons so i'll take the hit twice, i aint fussed  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 October 2009, 09:44 »
Why get called a cock for Xennons?

You bought a GTi for its looks and go, otherwise you would have bought a mk6 1.4 TSi, right?

Yes Xennons are way over priced, but even if they wasn't so much better for night driving than the standard setup I'd still buy them, cos they make the front end look much better.

Same story with the new rear lamps IMO.

As for the call, thats just plain stupid to think they would even consider replacing them. I've been waiting 8 months for an Edition 30 badge, so that would give you some idea of what they think at VW customer services.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 October 2009, 09:46 »

our other car is an a4 and has those lights - they are the nuts!  so i'm a c7ck for having those and a c7ck for having xenons!!   :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #29 on: 08 October 2009, 11:21 »
Why get called a cock for Xennons?

You bought a GTi for its looks and go, otherwise you would have bought a mk6 1.4 TSi, right?

Yes Xennons are way over priced, but even if they wasn't so much better for night driving than the standard setup I'd still buy them, cos they make the front end look much better.

Same story with the new rear lamps IMO.

As for the call, thats just plain stupid to think they would even consider replacing them. I've been waiting 8 months for an Edition 30 badge, so that would give you some idea of what they think at VW customer services.

Dave

Well thats what I've been told on here, with Xenons they will blind a lot of motorists.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"