Author Topic: Golf Gti is getting LED back lights  (Read 100916 times)

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
Re: Golf Gti is getting LED back lights
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2009, 15:57 »
Well, I dont know how it will be in the UK but in the Netherlands, it will be sold as an option and I will order a set once it is available.... muawahahahahha
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 07 October 2009, 16:01 »
Yep, my mistake. I've just checked the configurator again and they've updated it to show the LED's as a 350,00 € option.

You kno, i'm always right.......... :grin:
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline mrjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 07 October 2009, 17:04 »
I will confirm this tomorrow...

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 07 October 2009, 17:06 »
But will they definitely be standard on a GTi in the UK ?
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline exsigs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 07 October 2009, 17:08 »
Looks like another phone call to VW UK is in order....I did it last time, so someone else can this time.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 07 October 2009, 17:22 »
do any of you guys think there is any mileage in persuing the argument that (if these lights turn out to be standard in the UK) these should be retrofitted for free/discount by our various dealers?  I personally don't mind car companies changing/tweaking cars after a year or two but to change the lights so massively after only 6 months is a right con job, particuarlly as i've only had mine a month and some people haven't even got theirs yet but as soon as they take delivery the next batch will have different and better lights - most irritating.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 07 October 2009, 18:23 »
do any of you guys think there is any mileage in persuing the argument

Not a hope in hell I'm afraid!
Thats just what VW do.  I'm also a member on a Scirocco forum, and there are many p1ssed off people there who've just recieved there 2.0TSI 200bhp, to find out that now VW are supplying it with a 210bhp version (the same as MK6 GTI) as of build week 45.  There are still people waiting for cars to be built in like week 43 etc - who won't get this upgrade!  It really sucks - but thats just the way things happen.

We probably won't see the LED rears here for another good few months on a GTI.  They're not on vw.co.uk yet - so its unlikely we'll see them this year.

The next thing is going to be the keyless entry / start button - which was showcased on the Golf R in Frankfurt.  The first batch of R's won't have it - but afterwards it will be an option (or perhaps standard?).  I don't think VW will recall the current R owners and retrofit that either I'm afraid.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Tailpipe

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 07 October 2009, 18:38 »
Looks like another phone call to VW UK is in order....I did it last time, so someone else can this time.

Tried this yesterday, but the guy I spoke to at VW HQ in Milton Keynes didn't even know when 2010 spec cars would be coming to the UK, let alone whether they'd be available with rear LEDs.

I asked about when Golf R prices would be confirmed and when I'd be able to order one. He couldn't answer that either.

I also asked about factory collection and specifying unique colours. Again, he didn't know the answer.

Thankfully, I get all the information I need here. Most of time it's accurate too!  :grin:
Golf R - almost on order - 5-door, DSG, Rising Blue, leather, 19" alloys, RNS510 with Dynaudio, ACC, Sunroof, Parking camera and sensors, luxury pack and cruise control.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2009, 19:22 »
Who in their right mind would pay 350 Euros for some LED lights? Wouldn't it just make my mature, classy hot hatch look like a 17 year old Kevin's Saxo?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2009, 19:57 »
do any of you guys think there is any mileage in persuing the argument that (if these lights turn out to be standard in the UK) these should be retrofitted for free/discount by our various dealers?  I personally don't mind car companies changing/tweaking cars after a year or two but to change the lights so massively after only 6 months is a right con job, particuarlly as i've only had mine a month and some people haven't even got theirs yet but as soon as they take delivery the next batch will have different and better lights - most irritating.

Definately worth persuing mate. At the worst they are only gonna say no, and you'll then know for sure. As you have spent a good bit of cash on the car already, they may offer a discount for when they do become available.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"