Author Topic: New Golf Mk 7 rendering from Auto Express  (Read 45368 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: New Golf Mk 7 rendering from Auto Express
« Reply #20 on: 06 October 2009, 17:06 »
MK6 is only a facelifft and tweaks

rubbish, its completely different to the mk 5 if you actually take the bother to drive both and compare them.

Ha ha you keep living the dream. It's the same car underneath with a few tweaks to upgrade the interior and reduce production costs and give it the new VW corporate nose. This was well publicised in the press and is the official line from VW.

All of this is fact but it doesn't mean it's not a good car, it's just that it's only got a 2 - 3 year life cycle as the MK7 is a whole new platform which will be smaller, lighter, more efficient to  run and build and turn a better profit for VW.

nick

Same Engine is it ?

Engines don't come into it. They're often changed mid car cycle and from brand to brand within a group. Infact the R is having a MK5 Engine and many of the MK6 lineup hass engines brought over from the MK5.

You seem very offended that your car is not "all new" and I don't know why. THe MK5 was universally praised as the best Golf since the MKII so an upgraded version is surely a good thing? The MK7 being an all new car has the possibility of being rubbish which the MK6 was almost certainly never goign to be because it's based on a well loved platform.

nick

Hold on, you said its the same car underneath, yet I just told you the engine is different (I could go on with many more changes) yet the engine doesnt come into it ?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm not offended, I just cant stand people that talk out their arse.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 October 2009, 17:07 »
Ha ha you keep living the dream. It's the same car underneath with a few tweaks to upgrade the interior and reduce production costs and give it the new VW corporate nose. This was well publicised in the press and is the official line from VW.

living the dream?  well i've have a mk 6 and i had a mk 5 gti so i can actually make my own mind up rather than reading what a fat sweaty journo tells me in some magazine.  oh and the engine is different so its not really the same car is it?  plus it doesn't drive the same.  and the interior is different.

the same?  hmmmm.  :rolleyes:

Jeees you guys are soo picky, some different shaped seats, a few new knobs, some extra soundproofing and some extra bits on the engine do not make an all new car! VW have stated in their press releases and on their website pre launch that it was not "an all new car" but an upgraded and tweaked MK5 to make it better and more efficient to build and run.

Ok let me try and put it in terms you may understand. If you tried to fit the running gear and interior on a MK4 into a MK3 or a MK5 it won't fit, the body shells and platfroms are different. They are different cars. If you want to swap the running gear and interior from a MK6 into a MK5 you can because the body shell is the same, they are essentially the same car.

nick

:grin: What a clown

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 06 October 2009, 17:16 »
i couldn't agree more kev!!   :grin:

maybe he has a point though - the gear stick and steering wheel is in the same place so maybe it is the same car?!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #23 on: 06 October 2009, 17:24 »
i see what horney is saying....
does it really matter??
chill out peeps....

i dont really like the fronts of the new vw's, the mk5 was nice and big and powerful looking, but the new ones look like power ranger cars, but thats just me, i drive a mk3 so probably dont have a say, lol

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #24 on: 06 October 2009, 17:29 »
Horney is talking sense. The Mk VI is fundamentally the same car as the Mk V.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 06 October 2009, 17:38 »

Yep, it's the same platform. I think most people on forums don't actually read 90% of what is written. And they don't understand 70% of what's left. So, the question now is, what percentage do they read and understand?  :nerd:  :grin:.
Golf R

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #26 on: 06 October 2009, 17:46 »

Yep, it's the same platform. I think most people on forums don't actually read 90% of what is written. And they don't understand 70% of what's left. So, the question now is, what percentage do they read and understand?  :nerd:  :grin:.

Lol :grin: To be fair, though, couldn't this be applied to the entire human race?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 06 October 2009, 18:00 »
Me being the perfect human that I am can see both sides of the coin. Although the underpinings are the same, they are very different to drive  :nerd:

Although if im being honest imo its the engine and running gear that makesth theee car, not the plastic bits inside

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 06 October 2009, 18:10 »
The MK6 has always been known as a re-jigged MK5.  VW said they'd changed every outer panel, and all of the interior - but essentially its based on the same car.  Originally a lot of magazines / websites were calling it a MK5.5 because they'd changed so little.
I think its a shame that they're looking to replace it in 2 years time since its such a nice car to drive and is much nicer looking than the pictures above!  It makes me a little anxious about buying a MK6 R knowing that in another 2-3 years there will be a MK7... but then I could be waiting forever if I want a car thats not going to be updated eventually!!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 06 October 2009, 18:13 »

Fundamentally the same ?  :laugh: Jesus, so the GTI is the same as the Veyron, fundamentally of course.