Author Topic: New Golf Mk 7 rendering from Auto Express  (Read 45362 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: New Golf Mk 7 rendering from Auto Express
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2009, 15:28 »
Mk7 is horrid. MK6 is nice, MK5 is nicer  :rolleyes:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2009, 15:29 »
MK6 is only a facelifft and tweaks

rubbish, its completely different to the mk 5 if you actually take the bother to drive both and compare them.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2009, 15:40 »
Can't see the picture :sad: I'm surprised Auto Express is making do with artists impressions of the Mk VII, though, I thought they would have 'official pictures' of the 2033 MkXIX at the very least.

:laugh: :laugh:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2009, 15:42 »
ahhh.... with ya carry on peeps, lol
still dont like the above!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2009, 16:42 »

rubbish, its completely different to the mk 5 if you actually take the bother to drive both and compare them.

Ha ha you keep living the dream. It's the same car underneath with a few tweaks to upgrade the interior and reduce production costs and give it the new VW corporate nose. This was well publicised in the press and is the official line from VW.

All of this is fact but it doesn't mean it's not a good car, it's just that it's only got a 2 - 3 year life cycle as the MK7 is a whole new platform which will be smaller, lighter, more efficient to  run and build and turn a better profit for VW.

nick

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2009, 16:48 »

Ha ha you keep living the dream. It's the same car underneath with a few tweaks to upgrade the interior and reduce production costs and give it the new VW corporate nose. This was well publicised in the press and is the official line from VW.

All of this is fact but it doesn't mean it's not a good car, it's just that it's only got a 2 - 3 year life cycle as the MK7 is a whole new platform which will be smaller, lighter, more efficient to  run and build and turn a better profit for VW.

nick

Same Engine is it ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2009, 16:53 »

nick

Same Engine is it ?

Engines don't come into it. They're often changed mid car cycle and from brand to brand within a group. Infact the R is having a MK5 Engine and many of the MK6 lineup hass engines brought over from the MK5.

You seem very offended that your car is not "all new" and I don't know why. THe MK5 was universally praised as the best Golf since the MKII so an upgraded version is surely a good thing? The MK7 being an all new car has the possibility of being rubbish which the MK6 was almost certainly never goign to be because it's based on a well loved platform.

nick

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2009, 16:54 »
I like the rear end, front end is stinking! Plus the car looks too long!  :sick:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 06 October 2009, 16:56 »

living the dream?  well i've have a mk 6 and i had a mk 5 gti so i can actually make my own mind up rather than reading what a fat sweaty journo tells me in some magazine.  oh and the engine is different so its not really the same car is it?  plus it doesn't drive the same.  and the interior is different.

the same?  hmmmm.  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #19 on: 06 October 2009, 17:01 »

living the dream?  well i've have a mk 6 and i had a mk 5 gti so i can actually make my own mind up rather than reading what a fat sweaty journo tells me in some magazine.  oh and the engine is different so its not really the same car is it?  plus it doesn't drive the same.  and the interior is different.

the same?  hmmmm.  :rolleyes:

Jeees you guys are soo picky, some different shaped seats, a few new knobs, some extra soundproofing and some extra bits on the engine do not make an all new car! VW have stated in their press releases and on their website pre launch that it was not "an all new car" but an upgraded and tweaked MK5 to make it better and more efficient to build and run.

Ok let me try and put it in terms you may understand. If you tried to fit the running gear and interior on a MK4 into a MK3 or a MK5 it won't fit, the body shells and platfroms are different. They are different cars. If you want to swap the running gear and interior from a MK6 into a MK5 you can because the body shell is the same, they are essentially the same car.

nick