Author Topic: Calling August orders  (Read 60037 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Calling August orders
« Reply #20 on: 29 September 2009, 11:42 »
Ordered July 7th - No buid date yet.

get onto your dealer mate.  they are jerking you off.  you should have at least a build week by now, or even a delivery date.  hassle them daily till they get f7cked off with you calling you and they'll get their a7se in gear.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mds69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 29 September 2009, 12:42 »
get onto your dealer mate.  they are jerking you off.  you should have at least a build week by now, or even a delivery date.  hassle them daily till they get f7cked off with you calling you and they'll get their a7se in gear.

Well, wouldn't ever suggest not giving the dealer hassle but...

I ordered (GTD though) about the same time and have (still provisional) build week 45.  Dealer showed me his order list couple of weeks ago - roughly 15 Golfs of vastly different specs all without confirmed build weeks after 2-3 months.  From what he said, it's pretty much luck of the draw if an order goes through quickly - some speculation that they're prioritising euro-zone orders given the exchange rate but in no way confirmed!
Ordering from a larger dealer network (my case) may also not help you.  Be thankful you don't want a 1.4 TSi - I've heard six months lead time on that engine!

TBH, when you see that orders are up 40% year-on-year and that the Golf is now biggest seller in Europe you're probably just creating stress for yourself worrying that other people are getting cars quicker!  OTOH, if the dealer hasn't even given you a provisional build week then I'd be worried!  :sad:

Offline mrjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 29 September 2009, 15:28 »
mmm ok I live in Italy, and I am a really good friend with a major Volkswagen dealer, and they told me that the golf that are coming out of the factory on late october, are going to have something different from the ones previously built.
At this point not even the dealer knows what's been changed and why, but is soething that will affect the majority of the wolkswagen fleet... btw he will tell me as soon he finds out what it is!
therefore this migh be the reason for the delay...

« Last Edit: 29 September 2009, 15:40 by mrjoe »

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #23 on: 29 September 2009, 15:31 »
mmm ok I live in Italy, and I am a really good friend with a major Wolksvagen dealer, and they told me that the golf that are coming out of the factory on late october, are going to have something different from the ones previously built.
At this point not even the dealer knows what's been changed and why, but is soething that will affect the majority of the wolkswagen fleet... btw he will tell me as soon he finds out what it is!

The fix from the DSG recalls most likely ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 29 September 2009, 15:37 »
mmm ok I live in Italy, and I am a really good friend with a major Wolksvagen dealer, and they told me that the golf that are coming out of the factory on late october, are going to have something different from the ones previously built.

LED rears and keyless ignition?  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mrjoe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 29 September 2009, 15:39 »

that would be FANTASTIC....

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 29 September 2009, 15:58 »

And totally false too.  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 29 September 2009, 16:01 »

We can live in hope, not that it makes any difference to me apart from the fact I'd be a bit envious  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 29 September 2009, 16:36 »

We can live in hope, not that it makes any difference to me apart from the fact I'd be a bit envious  :smiley:

I just cant see that as being a revised update, its not a huge change but a fairly important change to the car, i.e. the looks of it for the led's and the ignition for the way it starts. I can only see these as optional extras. Might be wrong though.

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 29 September 2009, 18:15 »
If it is for the entire range of VWs then it might be something like a new specification for the brake fluid.