Author Topic: Full House!  (Read 31443 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Full House!
« Reply #50 on: 20 May 2017, 14:41 »
It's not the fastest car in the world nor the best handling

You're not selling it very well.... :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 20 May 2017, 17:04 »
It's not the fastest car in the world nor the best handling

You're not selling it very well.... :whistle:

Sorry. I got told off for being enthusiastic   :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 21 May 2017, 14:36 »
At the risk of boring everyone's arses off further, here's a few more shots of the car just after its Sunday bath.

The fluffy steering wheel cover:

The roof from my roof:

If you look closely you can see where they've made weight savings on the Fuchs alloys, around the bolt and hub area is much thinner casting and even the rim area seems to have been shaved back to the wonderful S001's look like they have huge rim protectors:

The furry seats, even though they're not the much desired buckets they're really grippy and comfy:

And last of all, my one and only addition to the cabin ambience:

And a closer shot from the side through a dirty window as I couldn't get back far enough outside:

Much as I like the wheels I'm a bit paranoid they'll get wrecked so might well buy a set of replica Brescias (sp?) or Pretorias to run over winter, it won't matter too much if I wreck one or more of those, plus the replicas normally have a bit more aggressive offset than OEM wheels.

The hanging baskets and pots were used as props and come courtesy of my next door neighbours. They've kindly put one up on the garage too which I'll probably inadvertently end up eating or knocking myself out on at some stage.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #53 on: 21 May 2017, 14:47 »
It looks fantastic!
I'm not sure I'd swap the wheels out but understand your thinking.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #54 on: 21 May 2017, 15:26 »
Looks very nice Exonian - makes me think about wrapping the white part of my roof again; to match the black pano sunroof

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 21 May 2017, 15:29 »
That does look great and I love the Belvederes. :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 21 May 2017, 16:18 »
Wow only just seen this thread, didn't know you had a GTD let alone a CS now.

Very jealous (albeit it would have to be a 3dr/manual/buckets)as I went to VW to buy a CS last April and came out with an R as I couldn't justify paying over £500pm for the CS compared to the £297pm I paid for the R  :embarrassed:

Car looks amazing, and you are clearly smitten.

I do keep looking at CS's on AT/PH but like Cossieian I can't justify wasting money at the mo as we are just about to embark on major house renovations which is taking my money/time and will to live currently  :grin:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 21 May 2017, 17:14 »
Looks very nice Exonian - makes me think about wrapping the white part of my roof again; to match the black pano sunroof
It'll tie in well with the sunroof.
Wrap will also protect the paint from poop on a practical level.

@Raffe: I've had a bit of a turnover of late Phil! The CS is great fun but there's no way I'd recommend swapping an R for one if the cost to change wasn't fairly minimal.
Mine was pre-reg'd or I'd have chosen a slightly different spec.
I can appreciate what you're going through with the house renovations, it's a fantastic way of eating time, money and enthusiasm, plus there's constant mess everywhere - but it's gotta be done from time to time.
At least you can look at your R smugly from the window!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 21 May 2017, 17:49 »
It'll tie in well with the sunroof.
Wrap will also protect the paint from poop on a practical level.

@Raffe: I've had a bit of a turnover of late Phil! The CS is great fun but there's no way I'd recommend swapping an R for one if the cost to change wasn't fairly minimal.
Mine was pre-reg'd or I'd have chosen a slightly different spec.
I can appreciate what you're going through with the house renovations, it's a fantastic way of eating time, money and enthusiasm, plus there's constant mess everywhere - but it's gotta be done from time to time.
At least you can look at your R smugly from the window!

You forgot the pleasure of being able to write you initials in dust everywhere.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 21 May 2017, 18:51 »
At the risk of boring everyone's arses off further, here's a few more shots of the car just after its Sunday bath.

The fluffy steering wheel cover:

The roof from my roof:

If you look closely you can see where they've made weight savings on the Fuchs alloys, around the bolt and hub area is much thinner casting and even the rim area seems to have been shaved back to the wonderful S001's look like they have huge rim protectors:

The furry seats, even though they're not the much desired buckets they're really grippy and comfy:

And last of all, my one and only addition to the cabin ambience:

And a closer shot from the side through a dirty window as I couldn't get back far enough outside:

Much as I like the wheels I'm a bit paranoid they'll get wrecked so might well buy a set of replica Brescias (sp?) or Pretorias to run over winter, it won't matter too much if I wreck one or more of those, plus the replicas normally have a bit more aggressive offset than OEM wheels.

The hanging baskets and pots were used as props and come courtesy of my next door neighbours. They've kindly put one up on the garage too which I'll probably inadvertently end up eating or knocking myself out on at some stage.

Looks sooo good, just had to quote the pics.   :cool: :cool: :cool: This is the only VW diamond cut wheel I've liked in the mk7 era, I'd keep them on and start saving for wheel refurbs, lol.  Those seats.  :drool:

God my R looks boring.  :cry: :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11