Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 98955 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Looks grimey! I look forward to what you do with it though :) I love a good MK2 and I'm sure you will make this into one!

Offline arran.concept

• GTI forum regular
  • Yellow Colour Concept
Just sat and read through this entire thread :) absolute brilliant work Jamo, engine and car are in mint condition. Hope you enjoy driving it as much as I have reading about it! Congrats on your New Arrival  :laugh: look forward to seeing your work begin on it..  :cool: :cool:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Looks grimey! I look forward to what you do with it though :) I love a good MK2 and I'm sure you will make this into one!

Yeah but grime is better than rot...but seriously you can't go wrong for 150 quid, it needs litterally no welding underneath. My plan is to paint the body and engine bay (same colour) and drop it on some nice wheels. Just keep it minimal and clean. Obviously all new suspension, bushes and brakes. Has a brand new set of rear discs and pads in the boot!! I like the 6 digit reg plate also!!

Just sat and read through this entire thread :) absolute brilliant work Jamo, engine and car are in mint condition. Hope you enjoy driving it as much as I have reading about it! Congrats on your New Arrival  :laugh: look forward to seeing your work begin on it..  :cool: :cool:

Cheers mate, yeah its some read! I get all emotional reading it back  :grin: things not so clean now after having it on the road past 2 weeks as its all manky already. Enjoy driving it too much to keep it parked up. It is like a new car on the road!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline DanChave

• I live here

Yeah but grime is better than rot...but seriously you can't go wrong for 150 quid, it needs litterally no welding underneath. My plan is to paint the body and engine bay (same colour) and drop it on some nice wheels. Just keep it minimal and clean. Obviously all new suspension, bushes and brakes. Has a brand new set of rear discs and pads in the boot!! I like the 6 digit reg plate also!!

Sounds like a plan and a half! Make sure you post up a link to your new thread for it here :) £150 is a complete bonus, I would have definitely done the same!

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project
« Reply #304 on: 29 July 2012, 18:34 »
Just some recent pics after giving it a good clean. Got some trim ends and replacement strip for the sideskirts so its all complete down there now. Still got some we bits and bobs to do like fit my anniversery silver dials and do my headlamps and perhaps some amber front indicators. And get some red tint and laquer on the rears. Also needing a couple of rubber window trims as they have rust bubbles on them. Find a replacment maf as mine's gubbed and currently disconnected. Drives real good on the road and is delivering near on 40mpg but not been driving it hard as have been well looking after it. Thinking about changing the bumpers back to textured plastic tops and some point but not sure yet. Sort everything else out first. Needs a good detailing too.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

VW BUSH

Re: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project
« Reply #305 on: 29 July 2012, 19:09 »
Mk2 has had the wrong size wiper on it for a long time :grin:
Look forward to seeing the build.......

Why is your maf unplugged?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #306 on: 29 July 2012, 19:12 »
Mk2 has had the wrong size wiper on it for a long time :grin:
Look forward to seeing the build.......

Why is your maf unplugged?

Maf is buggered, runs so much better with it unplugged so left it that way for now. What you mean about the Mk2 wiper?

Offline pablo64

• Not said much yet
« Reply #307 on: 31 July 2012, 08:29 »
think hes  meaning the marks on the windscreen rubber looks like wiper has been rubbing on it at the top  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Looking VERY tidy dude! More pics, more pics! Also, get your ass over here ;) http://mk3golfowners.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php

Awwww bless... When did that start?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #309 on: 31 July 2012, 09:32 »
...Oh and wow, cracking work with this car... It's come a long way and looking very good now!  :cool: